Is it easy to cruise with a CPAP machine

Just a quick heads up. On Enchantment last month we were required to go to guest services and pay a deposit for our extension cord. Then on the last morning we had to return to guest services and get in the long line to return it and get the deposit removed from our account. Not fun on departure morning. :( I asked if they were having problems with guests stealing the cords, and their reply was no, they were having problems with housekeeping not returning them to where they should be! So their solution for an internal staff issue was to inconvenience the guest? Strange. Never had that happen on any other ship.

You can also just fill out this form on the RCI website:

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/allaboutcruising/guestSpecialNeeds.do

We did that, and even got an acknowledgement, what we didn't get was an extension cord or distilled water in the room. Eventually, the room steward got us an extension cord, never did get distiller water.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I cruise with it no problems. Last time on Oasis of the Seas, there was a plug next to the bed, no problems and no need for an extension cord.

I contacted special needs for distilled water but they didn't provide me any. I didn't even bother to follow-up with the attendant and just used the large Evian bottled water provided in the room for what I think was $4. Two bottles got me through the week.

My husband also has a CPAP and always travels with it. Never a problem with getting distilled water and extension cord. Also is diabetic and when

emailed to special needs had a sharps container available.

Have always found them very accomodating. :D

Archived