That was a mistake

loveJake

I have 2 cruises booked. First on CCL in August. I booked 2 connecting OV rooms. Since booking I have had multiple price drops totaling $780. I upgraded our rooms to 2 connecting balconies for $400 and am still $380 dollars ahead of what I booked. Many rooms in our categories are still available so I am anticipating some more price drops before sailing.

Our second cruise is on NCL in October. We booked a balcony room. Since booking the prices have gone up and the balcony rooms have sold out so there will be no price drops. In fact the OV rooms are now going for $175 more than I paid for our balcony room.

I find the 2 lines and the 2 ships (Freedom and Jewel) to be extremely comparable with both of them having their pros/cons that even them out. We have sailed both so I can say that from experience. Our CCL cruise is currently costing us $10 less per person per day than our NCL cruise cost us. I have booked elsewhere, but right now Carnival is the still best value for our $$ and I expect that value to get even better with even more anticipated drops.

Another $40 drop on our CCL August cruise today.....

I booked ES for a B2B while I was on the Fascination in April. Evidently it was under a “50% reduced deposit” program that I wasn’t paying much attention to. Since I was booking B2B I got $50 OBC on both bookings, I also have $50 shareholder OBC on both. When I applied for my first price drop recently I got the confirmation email (one for each booking) a couple days later saying they had applied the new fare, nothing more.

The next morning when I log on to Carnival I get a pop-up saying something like “the final payment of your deposit is due by 29 April 13”, which was confusing due to it being the end of May already. I try to pull up my cruise details and the website keeps telling me there’s an error. No worries, everyone knows Carnivals website is notorious for mistakes and I figure I’ll just give it some time. That evening I get the same thing so call my PVP and low and behold Carnival has cancelled my bookings because my deposit is overdue, that really wasn’t overdue until my ES form was approved. :eek:

Of course I freak out a little (okay, maybe a little doesn’t quite capture it) but my great new PVP calms me down, I pay my cruise balance in full (just to be safe) and within an hour or so it’s all back... almost. My OBC is gone. I understand it happens sometimes but it’s been two weeks now and Carnival still doesn’t have it loaded back. My PVP says it’ll be there so I’m trusting her right now but only because there are a few months to go. :mad:

So just a word of wisdom, know what you’re doing when you hit “submit” on the ES form (unlike me) and keep a good eye on your booking, don’t just blow off things that don’t look right thinking it must just be a glitch.

I do have love for Carnival and I always enjoy my cruises but their system is definitely overworked and quite possibly broken. Hopefully I’ll still be around once they get it fixed. :cool:

May I have an opinion like everyone else or are you just wanting to read only the positives about Carnival, open your eyes and smell the coffee.

Everything about Carnival is not all positive, my opinion stands.

sure you are allowed your opinion, and i do have my eyes open, open to all the wonderful fun and exciting things that i enjoy on every cruise. i have never had a negative moment. its vacation...

I submitted an early saver form to save only $10 and lost my $50 OBC. Said this is a different promotion, OK I understand that but thought once you had OBC they would not take away. Guess I learned something new.

I tried to read all the posts. If I missed the question and/or answer I'm going to ask, please forgive me...........

What was your $50 OBC given to you for? FCC, Stock or promotion?

Today I called my TA about a price drop and he was told that they had to take away our $50 FCC OBC!!! Turns out, with a lot of talking to Carnival, our TA was able to get the FCC OBC re-instated.

The question I have is: Can FCC OBC be removed when requesting a rate drop???

Thanks all..........

I tried to read all the posts. If I missed the question and/or answer I'm going to ask, please forgive me...........

Today I called my TA about a price drop and he was told that they had to take away our $50 FCC OBC!!! Turns out, with a lot of talking to Carnival, our TA was able to get the FCC OBC re-instated.

Thanks all..........

No ;)

Thanks all..........[/quote

After we booked there was a sale with $50 OBC that someone on the roll call pointed out. I called my PVP and got it, rate was the same. At that time I also changed to early saver keeping the $50 OBC. Last week I saw a $20 price drop and submitted the form, received a E-mail telling me that the rate drop was less then the OBC and if I wanted to keep the OBC I would have to keep the promotion that I was booked under. Only if I did not email back would the OBC stay. .I did not reply,, but my rate changed $10 and my OBC is gone. This is turning into a long story and by now I do not think I care, I still love Carnival and think it was my fault for not knowing all the rules.

Your FCC and or stock owner credits are not taken when you have a price drop. The OBC for other promotional sales are. You can't get OBC for one promotion & then get a reduction based on the lower price without giving up OBC. In some cases it's not worth it to give up OBC. Newest low fare has to be less than OBC from a previous promotion you may have had. You will get an email letting you know you will be forfeiting previous OBC.

I submitted an early saver form to save only $10 and lost my $50 OBC. Said this is a different promotion, OK I understand that but thought once you had OBC they would not take away. Guess I learned something new.

We had an OBC of $75. I applied for and got a $20 price drop and when I checked our account, instead of showing $95 it showed $20. The only email I got from Carnival was the "we have received your request" message. The next day, I noticed the change. I called Carnival and was told that anytime a price drop is applied for, the previous one disappears. She told me that it was just some type of "glitch" and that I didn't lose the original OBC. She said that the full amount would show up about 24 hours prior to sailing however she went ahead and corrected the amount. I guess that any time I apply for a price drop, I'll just check to make sure the OBC is correct and not, I'll get on the phone with them again.

Had the same thing happen to me. Had to give up $50 OBC included with a booking to get a fare that was $60 lower. I'm confident there will be more office drops between now and sailing.

-steven

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Archived