Glaciers, Eagles, Lost Bags and Food Poisoning - A Review of our 1st HAL Cruise!

Tapi

• 1 month later...

I'll be taking that trip on the Westerdam in July - thanks for posting so much info. I'm really curious to see more pictures of the inside of the ship if someone can point me in that direction. We are in Seattle on July 4th and embarking next day. I think I've talked my friend into free style touring except for the whale watching expedition in Juneau that includes the Mendenhall glacier tour and dinner at a lodge. We're going to wing the rest and probably follow along where you were. All those places are starting to sound familiar

I'll be taking that trip on the Westerdam in July - thanks for posting so much info. I'm really curious to see more pictures of the inside of the ship if someone can point me in that direction. We are in Seattle on July 4th and embarking next day. I think I've talked my friend into free style touring except for the whale watching expedition in Juneau that includes the Mendenhall glacier tour and dinner at a lodge. We're going to wing the rest and probably follow along where you were. All those places are starting to sound familiar

go to www.halfacts.com and find the Westerdam under Vista class. this website continues to grow. Perhaps you can add pictures when you get back from your July cruise.

• 3 months later...

Thank you for posting your review. I will revisit it when I plan my own Alaskan cruise (on my bucket list but not in the immediate future)

I was touched by the picture of your son standing on deck next to his sister in the stroller because it looks to me like you allowed him to use an expensive camera! Looking back, I regret not allowing my own children enough freedom to do big things or handle "important" things independently when they were very small.

You get the "Cool Parent" award from me!

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Great to hear about you cruise.:p Too bad for the lost bag, and sickness.
We went on the last HAL Alaska cruise last Sept. 23, and had the greatest weather. The captain proclaimed it the best cruise of the entire season weather wise.
When we got to Juneau, folks were saying it was raining for 30 days, but cleared up, and got sunny the day we docked.
Similar stories for Skagway, Ketchican, and Glacier bay.
The White Pass train ride is a must, as it shows the trail that the gold seekers had to endure to get to their stakes.
On returning we saw hundreds of dolphins swimming and frolicking near our ship. It was an awesome sight. I still remember this one showboating by doing barrel rolls out of the water.
The Alaska cruise is just a wonderful experience, and the majestic sights are striking.
Will definitely be back......

[COLOR="Black"]I realized at once this is an old thread before I posted my previous comment. I came across this thread while doing research on HAL Alaska cruises.

I just wanted to OP to know how much I enjoyed it and was sorry the pictures are missing. The OP has a very nice way of describing the cruise and the overall HAL experience.

Since we are anticipating booking an Alaska cruise next year on HAL, I appreciated reading this very well-written thread.[/COLOR] Edited by JimAOk1945