Best Snorkeling trip in Nassau?

Our friends did the catamaran/snorkeling trip in St. Thomas, and LOVED it. We are considering the Seahorse Sailing and Snorkeling trip in Nassau. Has anyone done this or any of the other snorkeling trips? We are there from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00a.m. the next morning, so we can do this and still do some other sight-seeing or shopping.

What are your recommendations?

I did the Catamaran Sail & Snorkel in Nassau in May, and it was the best of the 3 snorkel excursions of my cruise. While cooler, the Bahamian water was much clearer than St. Thomas (Cas-Cay Eco Hike/Snorkel) and St. Maarten (Shipwreck Snorkel).

The reef to which we sailed was large, not that deep, and teeming with sea life. Besides the usual array of fish, I saw a sea snake (at a safe distance!) and my friend got up close and personal with a barracuda. Even the plant life on the sea bottom was more colorful here than the other two spots.

We had an hour in the water, which was more than St. Thomas but less than St. Maarten. On the way back to Nassau, we made a stop at Atlantis to drop off folks, so we got a nice close-up of that.

We did the Sea Treck Sail and Snorkel in Nassau. It was very nice with clear waters and colorful fish that they didn't have to feed to bring in. The water was on the cold side. Enough so that my wife couldn't enjoy herself. Next time we'll have wet suits to help out with that. We were there in November and I believe the water temps were in the 70's.

I've read a lot of good things about Stuart Cove's trip too (http://www.snorkelbahamas.com/) - by the way, took me a while to realize Stuart Cove was a person not a place :)

It gets a lot of good reviews and that's the one we're trying this year. It gives you two snorkel stops (one at a reef with a lot of fish, then one at a shipwreck) plus you have the option of doing the shark snorkel where divers feed sharks deep below you while you snorkel on top watching them. Sounds cool!

I did the Catamaran Sail & Snorkel in Nassau in May, and it was the best of the 3 snorkel excursions of my cruise. While cooler, the Bahamian water was much clearer than St. Thomas (Cas-Cay Eco Hike/Snorkel) and St. Maarten (Shipwreck Snorkel).

The reef to which we sailed was large, not that deep, and teeming with sea life. Besides the usual array of fish, I saw a sea snake (at a safe distance!) and my friend got up close and personal with a barracuda. Even the plant life on the sea bottom was more colorful here than the other two spots.

We had an hour in the water, which was more than St. Thomas but less than St. Maarten. On the way back to Nassau, we made a stop at Atlantis to drop off folks, so we got a nice close-up of that.

Your description sounds great! Was the Catamaran Sail & Snorkel the one that RCCL calls "Seahorse Sail and Snorkel"? That's the one we are leaning toward. I might just book it today.

No, the excursion was listed as Catamaran Sail & Snorkel. I booked it onboard the day before, and I don't recall seeing it listed in the excursions brochure. It's not currently showing on RCI's excursion website, either, so maybe they've dropped this excursion from their offerings.

However, the Seahorse Sail & Snorkel appears to go to the same area that we did (Athol Island), so it's probably the same excursion but maybe minus the catamaran. It's all about the snorkeling, right, so I'd go ahead with this one.

Archived