Soltice Pool Egress?

Bfson

Can anyone tell me about getting out of the main swimming pool on the Soltice? Is it a ladder or a staircase or ??? My wife has some mobility issues and this is important to us?

I remember ladders, and see them in some photos. I can't say if there are also steps, but I do remember steps in the solarium pool, just a little farther forward on the ship.Check out the solarium, it might be your best bet. Best wishes on your cruise!

I have mobility issues and use a rollator to walk. I was very comfortable using the gentle entry steps into the Solarium Pool on both the Solstice and Silhouette. There are handrails going down, and handrails all around the pool, which never gets deeper than below my chest. I am 5'3".

I was able to use my cane to go down the steps into the pool and then I reached up and set it on the side of the pool until I was ready to come out.

I did not use the outdoor pool. I was also able to enter the jacuzzi in the Solarium on the Silhouette with ease, by using my cane to get up the steps and then using the well secured rails to step down to the top step, then sit and lower myself.

I trust your wife will do just fine. There are lifts but I think you would have to be wheelchair bound to have to use them, meaning that any lesser disability could be accommodated via the steps.

I remember a lift for mobility impaired folks to enter the solarium pool, presumably someone in a wheelchair could sit in and be lowered into the pool, I've never seen it used but it was there.

+1

We recently returned from an Alaska cruise on the Solstice and saw the lift in the solarium next to the hot tub. There are also a set of stairs at each end of the solarium pool in the corners.

Cheers!

When you come back from your cruise, will you please post your findings about the Solarium pool? We cruised on the Solstice approximately two years ago and at that time there was only a lift on the main pool and the hot tub by the main pool. This was in the Caribbean and we made a comment suggesting a lift be put in the Solarium where there was shade available. It would be great if that was done.

Our family member does use the lift, as he cannot walk into the pool. In order to use the lift, you usually need to make an appointment because all the pool stewards often aren't training to use lift and have to get the ones who are trained. Several times we have had to talk with the Pool deck mgr to make the arrangement. If you go up there in your bathing suit without an appointment expecting to immediately get in, it likely won't happen--you'll have a long wait.

On our Med cruise last year on the Silhouette, almost every time I entered the pool area with my roll actor, a staff member approached and asked if I needed the left. As above, I did not use it. Traveled on the RCI Freedom just after having my accident 6 years ago and really needed the lift. There was never anyone available to operate it and I had to use the zero entry kiddie pool and walk through with my walker. Feast or famine.

When you come back from your cruise, will you please post your findings about the Solarium pool? We cruised on the Solstice approximately two years ago and at that time there was only a lift on the main pool and the hot tub by the main pool. This was in the Caribbean and we made a comment suggesting a lift be put in the Solarium where there was shade available. It would be great if that was done.

Our family member does use the lift, as he cannot walk into the pool. In order to use the lift, you usually need to make an appointment because all the pool stewards often aren't training to use lift and have to get the ones who are trained. Several times we have had to talk with the Pool deck mgr to make the arrangement. If you go up there in your bathing suit without an appointment expecting to immediately get in, it likely won't happen--you'll have a long wait.

As of the end of May this year when we disembarked from the Solstice there was a lift in the solarium by the hot tub on the port side. I would think, due to the age restriction for entering the solarium area that this would be the most logical choice for a place to keep the lift and remain there.

Cheers!

Archived