Friar's Bay Beach- worth the trip?

wonderdox

RCCL has an excursion that has a stop off at Friar's Bay Beach. I am looking for a quieter beach where I am not sandwiched next to someone. I think this beach may fit that bill.

Can anyone give their feedback on this beach?

RCCL has an excursion that has a stop off at Friar's Bay Beach. I am looking for a quieter beach where I am not sandwiched next to someone. I think this beach may fit that bill.

Can anyone give their feedback on this beach?

I think that it is a very pretty beach. There is some snorkeling by the rocks on the right side when looking at the water. Sometimes they add rocks to the middle of the beach by the shoreline which takes away from the beach. In 2010 when I was there many stray dogs were running around the parking lot and the beach. In 2012 there were no dogs but I did see one pig. There are 2 beach bars. We had lunch at the one closest to the parking lot in 2010 and the burgers were not very good at all. The two times that I remember visiting this beach, it was not crowded.

I think that it is a very pretty beach. There is some snorkeling by the rocks on the right side when looking at the water. Sometimes they add rocks to the middle of the beach by the shoreline which takes away from the beach. In 2010 when I was there many stray dogs were running around the parking lot and the beach. In 2012 there were no dogs but I did see one pig. There are 2 beach bars. We had lunch at the one closest to the parking lot in 2010 and the burgers were not very good at all. The two times that I remember visiting this beach, it was not crowded.

Animals don't bother me in the least.

Can you recall how far the beach bars from each other? Based on TripAdvisor reviews, the Friar's Bay Beach Café gets the better reviews. The ship's tour drops guests off at the other bar.

Are there umbrellas for rent? I fry like bacon in the sun lol.

It's not a very good beach. Small, rocky in parts, the few times I went there when staying on the island ( because there were sailboats for rent) there was a bad smell - something like an over-flowing septic field. I would not eat any food sold there. You'd do a lot better going to Orient Beach, or if you wanted to go on your own, either rental car or taxi, Le Galion (very uncrowded) or Dawn Beach - both much closer to cruise pier - Friars Bay is up past Marigot, with long drive back.

It's not a very good beach. Small, rocky in parts, the few times I went there when staying on the island ( because there were sailboats for rent) there was a bad smell - something like an over-flowing septic field. I would not eat any food sold there. You'd do a lot better going to Orient Beach, or if you wanted to go on your own, either rental car or taxi, Le Galion (very uncrowded) or Dawn Beach - both much closer to cruise pier - Friars Bay is up past Marigot, with long drive back.

Thanks for your feedback : )

Archived