Wine questions

Now that there's only 6 months and 2 days until we set sail, I feel it's due time to settle one highly important matter regarding beverages onboard :)

We have sailed with RCCL before, and took advantage of their wine package (gold/platinum/diamond if I remember correctly). Is this what's been changed/renamed into the wine and dine package?

I also remember the ship had quite a good collection outside this package, which we actually found to be of better quality (and yes, more expensive).

So… the wine and dine package, is it still the "good old" package which you can pick up from MDR/Windjammer and take anywhere?

By purchasing the package online, is there money to be saved?

Do they still have a collection of wines outside this package? Do they also have to be picked up at one of the restaurants? If I buy the wine package, and enter Vintages, will I find a wide, tempting selection there outside the package?

If I've forgot to ask something, please answer anyhow :)

By the way, we'll be sailing on Freedom OTS ;)

Thank you in advance! :)

Now that there's only 6 months and 2 days until we set sail, I feel it's due time to settle one highly important matter regarding beverages onboard :)

We have sailed with RCCL before, and took advantage of their wine package (gold/platinum/diamond if I remember correctly). Is this what's been changed/renamed into the wine and dine package? Yes, before there were three packages, now there is one.

I also remember the ship had quite a good collection outside this package, which we actually found to be of better quality (and yes, more expensive).

So… the wine and dine package, is it still the "good old" package which you can pick up from MDR/Windjammer and take anywhere? Yes.

By purchasing the package online, is there money to be saved? No.

Do they still have a collection of wines outside this package? Yes. Do they also have to be picked up at one of the restaurants? Wine from the package comes from restaurants. Other wines can come from bars, Vintages, or room service. If I buy the wine package, and enter Vintages, will I find a wide, tempting selection there outside the package? Yes.

If I've forgot to ask something, please answer anyhow :)

By the way, we'll be sailing on Freedom OTS ;)

Thank you in advance! :)

See answers in RED above.

Royal now allows you to take two bottles of wine (750ml max) on board during initial embarkation only. These are subject to a $25 per bottle charge if you take them to a public eating or drinking venue.

The only thing I would add is to look at the wine package and check the prices of the wine you would likely choose. You may find the wine package is a great deal, not that good a deal.

Archived