Dream Spa

wf083145

We just sailed on Carnival Dream to the Eastern Carribean on June 1. We had a spa cabin (11211) and were extremely pleased with the spa. Spa access is very much worth any extra you might spend.

Having the spa cabin on deck 11 provides very convenient access to the spa by way of the front elevator. Many times I went to the spa and saw no one. It truly is very private and convenient.

I used the showers in the private locker rooms every day and did not shower even once in my cabin. The thallasotherapy pool was a heavenly delight and really smoothed out my skin during the week. I need one of those at home. I spent a lot of time in the aromatherapy steamroom. My breathing improved during the week. I loved it so much that I purchased the special Cloud Nine Robe that I wear at home. I like to pretend I am still on the ship.

I would be happy to answer any specific questions that you might have about the spa or the Dream.

I understand you were in a spa cabin but I was wondering and f you know anything about the weekly pass for those with a non spa cabin? I plan to buy the pass on my Jan cruise. How many available? How soon do you get there? If you or anyone knows I would appreciate it.

I am platinum so have priority boarding and am driving to the port so should be able to get there first thing, but I am very worried the pass will sell out.

I do not know the number of extra passes that they sell for the spa. I do know that on my cruise they were still selling them the next day (Sunday). I witnessed a couple purchasing the pass after being given a tour of the facilities. If you do not have a spa cabin just go to the spa and take the tour before you sail. They will sign you up then. I am confident they will not be sold out.

Jan. 2013 my DD and I had a wonderful Dream cruise. I wanted close to the water so we chose a cove balcony but knew ahead of time that we'd like some girl time up in the spa so decided prior to boarding that we'd get the weekly pass, we also purchased the FTTF for this cruise which was very nice. Since we knew ahead of time (sounds like you too) when we got on board we dropped off luggage, freshened up a bit and went straight up to the spa to purchase weekly pass, we didn't want to get shut out either. The spa was never crowded so have no idea how many passes they sell but I would definitely purchase asap so that you don't get shut out.

The spa staff was great and helpful, told them we were ready to purchase the passes, when they learned we were new to the Cloud 9 Spa they took us on a nice, quick tour and shared with us the faciilties that were about to be ours for a week.

Jan. 2013 my DD and I had a wonderful Dream cruise. I wanted close to the water so we chose a cove balcony but knew ahead of time that we'd like some girl time up in the spa so decided prior to boarding that we'd get the weekly pass, we also purchased the FTTF for this cruise which was very nice. Since we knew ahead of time (sounds like you too) when we got on board we dropped off luggage, freshened up a bit and went straight up to the spa to purchase weekly pass, we didn't want to get shut out either. The spa was never crowded so have no idea how many passes they sell but I would definitely purchase asap so that you don't get shut out.

The spa staff was great and helpful, told them we were ready to purchase the passes, when they learned we were new to the Cloud 9 Spa they took us on a nice, quick tour and shared with us the faciilties that were about to be ours for a week.

Thanks for sharing, we're in a cove, have FTTF and plan on getting the weekly spa pass, can't wait! :)

Thank you,

It is going to be the first thing we do when we get aboard.

It's $249 for a couple for the week or $40 per person per day. It includes everything in the spa such as the Thelasso mineral therapy pool, the steam rooms, saunas, and large private walk in showers. :)

Edited by cruisinqt

I just upgraded my room to a spa floor room today. For the price of the weekly pass, plus maybe a very small bit more, you get upgraded room supplies, 2 free classes at the gym, a bit nicer looking room, and your located right by the spa. You can use the spa anytime, like with the weekly pass. If rooms are available, I'd take the room.

Negatives? On the 12th floor I've heard people can look down on your balcony. I can live with that.

Ok quick observation for the men the week I was on it....

Over 50 omg this is great honey wow

Under 50 pretend smile doing my duty......

Then we all run to our cabins and did our time.

Just never wanted to sit on. A beach all day then a heated chair,steam,hot,pool,etc.

But the woman liked it and also had services done as well. I. Spent half of her budget on beer! Win win. Plus she loved the soft water in the spa showers. Another bonus for me as well. I got the shower in the cabin.

She just got off the valor and had a spa balcony. She was quite shocked it wasn't like the dream. Next liberty and same thing small spa.

So if u want to do the spa dream is your best bet.

We booked 6 weeks out and sailed the Dream last March. We got a great deal on an aft wrap that had cancelled but still wanted the spa. We visited the spa at 1pm when it opened and got the $249 couples pass. You don't have to be a "couple" to get this either. You can be in separate cabins or whatever. My husband and I ( 40yo) both enjoyed the spa. We are cruising this ship again with our kids in January and when we booked, over a year out, we found the spa cabins to be cheaper than deck 1 insides so we booked those. Our older daughters are excited to have spa access after hearing us gush about it when we got home :). I believe the cost for a weekly pass for 1 person was $140.

We will have 3 cabins and 2 of them will only have one adult of spa age, so I'm hoping to talk them into allowing me to give the second access to friends who are sailing in a regular cabin. It never hurts to ask :rolleyes:

• 3 years later...
We just sailed on Carnival Dream to the Eastern Carribean on June 1. We had a spa cabin (11211) and were extremely pleased with the spa. Spa access is very much worth any extra you might spend.

Having the spa cabin on deck 11 provides very convenient access to the spa by way of the front elevator. Many times I went to the spa and saw no one. It truly is very private and convenient.

I used the showers in the private locker rooms every day and did not shower even once in my cabin. The thallasotherapy pool was a heavenly delight and really smoothed out my skin during the week. I need one of those at home. I spent a lot of time in the aromatherapy steamroom. My breathing improved during the week. I loved it so much that I purchased the special Cloud Nine Robe that I wear at home. I like to pretend I am still on the ship.

I would be happy to answer any specific questions that you might have about the spa or the Dream.

I know this post is a few years old but I was still excited to read it! I will be going on my first cruise in Oct and my husband and I booked a spa interior room. I'm really looking forward to the spa amenities that come with the spa interior room! My husband isn't convinced it was worth the extra money but I'm thinking he'll change his mind once we're actually on the cruise.

Several people on here have said that they prefer the showers in the spa to the ones in their room... Do they provide shampoo and body wash in the showers in the spa?

I know this post is a few years old but I was still excited to read it! I will be going on my first cruise in Oct and my husband and I booked a spa interior room. I'm really looking forward to the spa amenities that come with the spa interior room! My husband isn't convinced it was worth the extra money but I'm thinking he'll change his mind once we're actually on the cruise.

Several people on here have said that they prefer the showers in the spa to the ones in their room... Do they provide shampoo and body wash in the showers in the spa?

Yes, the same as the rooms.