Breakaway Deck 12 stern balcony question

Sandyshore

Can anyone explain to me about the deck plan of the Deck 12 aft-facing balcony cabins 12306 and 12310? I'm following Gambee's advice about deck 12 having good-sized B1 balconies, but there's a cut-out of some kind on these 2 cabins that doesn't exist on the other decks (I've looked). It doesn't show up on 12906 or 12908 on the starboard side; those cabins look bigger but aren't available on my sailing. I'm currently booked in 12306, but if it's going to be "weird" I'd like to change cabins while I still can and maybe go to another deck. Thanks for any insight!

ry%3D400

I had the same question Sandyshore! I was reluctant to book 12306, but it was the only cabin available on deck 12 so I went for it! I'm hoping someone will post the answer!

When are you sailing, Nashville? I have to wait until Feb 2015! If you see that cabin before I do, please come back and post photos and an explanation! Hopefully somebody will fill us in before we sail. There are still aft balconies available on my sailing on deck 11, but I'm hoping to get more info about 12306 before I switch.

I cruise on September 1st! I will let you know about the cabin Sandyshore and I will take plenty of pics!

Thanks! I'll look forward to it :) And lucky you, cruising so soon. Enjoy Breakaway and Bermuda! I've been 4 times - love it there!

Thanks! I'll look forward to it :) And lucky you, cruising so soon. Enjoy Breakaway and Bermuda! I've been 4 times - love it there!

I would say that's the shape of the room. Deck 11 has a couple weird shapes as well in the aft. Deck 12 balconies look like they recede slightly inwards to give you a bigger balcony. Good luck with your choice!

we recently stayed in 12306, no problem with that "cut out" you mentioned, I never even realized it until you pointed it out. Room size is adequate and comfortable. Very large balcony with 2 chairs, 2 loungers and a small table. However, I should mention that H20 is a couple decks above and it is very noisy at night even with the balcony doors closed. We were awake many a night due to the noise!

we recently stayed in 12306, no problem with that "cut out" you mentioned, I never even realized it until you pointed it out. Room size is adequate and comfortable. Very large balcony with 2 chairs, 2 loungers and a small table. However, I should mention that H20 is a couple decks above and it is very noisy at night even with the balcony doors closed. We were awake many a night due to the noise!

That helps! Too bad the nice, big balcony comes with a trade-off tho. :( Spice H20 is on deck 15. How late at night did the noise go?? Later than 1 or 2am? If it's that noisy, I would think any aft balcony is going to hear it, so moving to a lower deck might not help, and the balcony would be smaller, so I guess I'm sticking with 12306. 2 chairs, 2 loungers and a table and it's not a suite?! Better than I'd even hoped. :D Thanks for sharing your experience, Pitipat! Did you get all that, Nashville Cruiser?

FYI, our cabin was on deck 11, close to the aft elevators, and we heard the music from H20 as well. It wasn't that loud, and I can sleep through anything, so it didn't bother me at all.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

12310 has the bed near the door and a huge balcony:

8719228582_d79b1fb8c5_b.jpg

8719228398_971f62618d_b.jpg

This looks more like 12908. 12910 is the HC aft balcony.

You're correct. 12910 is the HC balcony. As I stated my photos are of 12310. ;)

Edited by Cubechick

Cabin 12306 the bed is near the balcony doors...no problems!

You wouldn't by chance have a picture, would you? I have never been in a cabin with the bed by the balcony and it's hard to imagine. But I guess the advantage is that it's easier to get to the closet? I'll do some searching online for that type of layout. Thanks for the heads up.

• 1 year later...