Amsterdam, Alaska 2nd formal night

iata

We are on the Amsterdam on the june 28th cruise to Alaska and would like to know when will be the 2nd formal night. the night before last we are in Ketchikan and the ship leaves at 20:00 (wich is the usual last formal night) and the last night we are cruising the Inside passage.

Thank you very much for your help

Amsterdam cruise to Alaska's inside passage sailing from Vancouver.

We had our TA ask HAL this question when she was talking to Seattle on other matters for us. I posted the information on our Roll Call, which you might want to take a look at.

They will be June 29th & July 4th. I find the July 4th date interesting, because supposedly the crew will be having a special BBQ type event out by the pool too. Maybe that is for lunch & weather dependent ????

The dates also include Canada Day, July 1st. I suspect there will be a fair number of Canadians aboard the sailing and I don't know if anything is planned to mark that festive occasion.

:D PARTY ON!!!! :cool::)

(Starting to pack - UGH!!!!! :(:p:eek: This is when I'd like the butler!)

We just got off the Amsterdam and the second formal night was the Juneau day.

Once again, perhaps the ship to shore, or shore to ship communication is muddled!

It would be better if it was Tues., July 2nd, then we aren't trying to pack dress clothes the night before disembarking.

How was your cruise, tellubob? Tours? Any other hints/info for future passengers? Hope you had a great time!

Thank you very much . We are french canadians living up up in the north and love Canada day and Independance day, this is fun that Holland will do something for those 2 days. We will pack today makes the 8 hours trip to Quebec City tomorrow and fly to Vancouver on the 26. The weather is very hot right now in Alaska but seems to go down on july 1. My second times in Alaska but husband and friends first times. ( sorry if i make mistakes i speak french 99.9% of the times so i ask for understanding). Can't wait to be on board

Usually we register to roll call but this time we travel with friends that do not speak english at all so this time will pass. But i will read and maybe have a chance to chat on the ship.

Your English is a million times better than my French! My mother's Montreal cousins would be very ashamed of me.

A year ago we took a short, adult ed beginning French class. DH was doing pretty well with the written word, and I was very 'trying' to the cheerful teacher; who was trying very hard to help me!

Immersion helps - we may plop ourselves down in your midst and just try to soak it up! Fortunately, dramatic scenery appreciation is a universal language.

I do not know if HAL will mark Canada Day (They should!) - I was just making the observation that it is July 1st, during the cruise, and they might do something, since there will probably be a fair number of Canadians aboard. Here, just south of the border, we always enjoy hearing, 'O Canada"!

A bientot -----

Archived