Help with timing of airport arrival for early am flight out of MSY

leennp

So I have flown out of MSY many times, but never for very early morning flight that was an international flight, which ours is since fly to Vancouver. Every other international flight I have following the "guidelines" and arrived 2 hours before flight, and have always seemed to make it though security and to gate in same amount of time as domestic flight and end up sitting at gate for nearly 2 hours. So, this time thought I would ask for some advice as I think 2 hours is way too early for most times at MSY and if we planned on 2 hours, it would be 4:40 in am when we arrive? Flight leaves on a Wednesday morning at 6:40 am flight time, on United. Always park at US park or park and fly, so would catch their shuttle, never seems to take very long. What time would you recommend we time the arrival to the airport?

I have used the NOLA airport many times and have never had an issue with it being overly crowded or having long lines. It has always taken me much shorter than 2 hours. Of course anything can happen but at that time in the morning, I think the airport will be dead and you will breeze right through.

So I was thinking maybe as long as we arrive at airport by 5:30, that would be enough time? Would plan to leave our house around 4 am in baton rouge, put us in parking lot a little after 5, take shuttle across and should be in terminal by 5:30

My airline just changed return to 10:39 am. We get off the Elation on a Saturday. Is this doable?

I have priority pass for security.

You "may" make it, but chances are even you won't. Being your flight was changed by the airline, call them and see if a later flight is available?

IF you continue with this flight, ONLY way you have a chance is to be in line ready to go, self disembark, 30 minutes prior to the post time. Head right to a cab line to the airport.

Verify your ticket restrictions in advance. Will you have to notify them PRIOR if you are going to be a no show? Have a hotel in mind, since you probably will not get a flight out that day due to planes being full. Your expense, since it isn't the airlines fault.

Archived