Equinox: Sky Suite (S2) Question

gw2fll

We are thinking about booking an aft Sky Suite (S2) on Equinox and had a question. Is the cabin 300 sq feet or smaller / larger? I recall a thread where someone posted the S2's are actually smaller than the S1's - even though the marketing materials say 300 sq feet. (I think the poster referenced ~250 sq feet.)

Also, I know the S1's will either have 1 or 2 poles in the room. Do the aft S2's also have poles?

Lastly, is there a difference as to cabin layout for the aft S2's compared to the port / starboard S2's?

We are looking at 2148 and appreciate any feedback, information available. Thanks for the help guidance.

The S1s may appear to be larger but I don't think they are. They have a different shape with one corner cut off. The S2s are rectangular and have the same layout as all the others. They may or may not have a pole. I believe 2148 may have one but it is no problem.

I actually prefer the S2s in some ways. There is more storage and closet space in the S2s than the S1s.

The S1s may appear to be larger but I don't think they are. They have a different shape with one corner cut off. The S2s are rectangular and have the same layout as all the others. They may or may not have a pole. I believe 2148 may have one but it is no problem.

I actually prefer the S2s in some ways. There is more storage and closet space in the S2s than the S1s.

The storage is wonderful news - exactly what I wanted to hear. We really struggled with the storage on our Alaska cruise (sailed Aqua class) on Solstice. Part of the issue was the need for bulkier clothes than a Caribbean cruise. Thank goodness the beds seem a little higher than on RCCL, so we leveraged the "suitcase" trick for added storage. (Plus the added storage over the bed was a benefit.)

On RCCL we usually sail in a JS (and occasionally GS). Love the walk-in closet the JS's have.

Thanks everyone else for the information. It is very helpful. I was wondering if the items on deck 14 would be an issue.

We have cruised in 2148------very nice except for the long walk to the elevators/stairs

Balcony is same size as S2 cabins on the sides.....not larger at all--- but the view of the wake is beautiful

No pole

S1 is larger and larger balcony-------noise from above is possible of course but did not disturb us at all

You can't go wrong------enjoy:):)

You will hear a little chair scraping in the daytime and early evening but it's quiet overnight. Honestly it wasn't noisy enough that it bothered us. I like the fact that the balcony is covered so no one can see from above but there is still enough sun to sit out and enjoy. It's my favorite spot and I don't mind the walk to the elevators. Helps to burn off some of those calories.

Thanks for the additional info.

Curious about the S1's - are they all the same size? On the deck plans, they appear to get smaller as you go up in decks. I realize the plans are not drawn to scale, but just wondering.

Thanks for the additional info and clarification about the pole. We had AQ 1610 on our last cruise and really enjoyed the proximity to the elevator. Realize the distance from the elevator will help us burn off those added calories, but the thought of being able to sit on the balcony as we sail out of port sounds great.

We have not sailed in an aft cabin yet, but want to so bad. (We do have a Bahamas cruise coming up in November in an aft JS to let us see what it is like.) I often will find a spot somewhere that I can just sit and look. I will sit there (with the adult beverage) and watch the wake and look off into the distance - true relaxation. All you cares just seem to float away.

Just think if that was the view from the cabin...

We had 2155 this past January and we did not like it at all. The room size was fine but the balcony is really small for a suite category. The noise from above was awful in the early morning hours. We have booked 2 additional cruises on this ship but not that location.

To note that the photo of the S1 cabin (with the large porthole window)on Celebrity's website is not for all the S1 cabins, but only the Aft corner cabins. So if this was the one you were thinking of, it would be a very special and lovely Aft cabin.

All the other S1 cabins are rectangular and like a normal veranda cabin just a lot larger. Some do not have good locations, like straight under the overhang. On the other hand you might like that i.e. on a Caribbean cruise preferring shade.

We were in aft S2 2148 on Equinox 3 years ago. I don't recall the square footage, however we LOVED this suite. After sailing in Sky Suites on Mercury and Century, the S2 on this ship was much larger by comparison. We had no pole. We also loved the fact the balcony was covered, quite unlike most the other aft cabins on lower decks. We're booked in aft S2 2150 for an upcoming cruise on Solstice and did so because we liked 2148 so much on Equinox.

Archived