Scenic South of France

newfirsttimer

Has anyone done the South of France cruise this year with Scenic Tours? Looking for some input on what to do in the evenings while docked in the small towns. We are going in late August, Paris to Barcelona tour. Hoping to get some feedback from anyone who has been on the river cruise portion with Scenic.

• 1 month later...

When I was reseaching our Southern France cruise for 2014 I thought I read that Scenic were new to either the Seine or Rhone cruises and as such there might not be any reviews available as yet.

I have done south of France with Uniworld and am booked to repeat, it was great. However, I have travelled with Scenic elsewhere and when booking I was totally unimpressed with their prices compared to competitors, way out of the ball park IMO, and their customer service was average. The product may be good, but it would be difficult to mess up southern France really.

With my river cruises experience with 3 lines, you are moored until after dinner anyway usually, and the legs are very short down there, so you can walk ashore at every town/mooring. The towns are all great to walk around and even Lyon though there is high ground there is a lot riverside to wander around.

Archived