Belize Bars?

DMS_1115

Leaving on the MAGIC JUNE 30th. We dont have a tour booked in Belize or Cozumel. In COzumel we always go to Senor frogs and bars like that, have a blast. DOes Belize have anything that resembles this. I hate staying on the boat in port. Open to any suggestions. If their is beach areas that would work too.

I have been to Belize a couple of times and we always go to The Wet Lizard. When you dock from the tender, if the ocean is at your back walk to the left until you run into it. It it not very far. You can't miss it. The bar is upstairs. It is not as wild as Senor Frog but the food and drinks are great!

• 3 weeks later...
I think that outside of the Muslim countries and the US, the drinking age is 18. Personally, I am not sure why anyone in Belize would care if you are of drinking age. Why would they care how old you are?

In Belize it is a crime to sell to anyone under 18. The bars can loose their licence just like in the US.

Thank you! Wet Lizard's it is!

Is it safe to walk for a 52 yr old woman & 20 yr old "girl" by themselves?

Going cave tubing first, then like to get back close to ship (especially in Belize, especially w/tendering) before doing anything else. So not sure if anyone else will be walking that way at the same time we would be going.

Thank you! Wet Lizard's it is!

Is it safe to walk for a 52 yr old woman & 20 yr old "girl" by themselves?

Going cave tubing first, then like to get back close to ship (especially in Belize, especially w/tendering) before doing anything else. So not sure if anyone else will be walking that way at the same time we would be going.

Very safe! The Wet Lizard is inside the gates of terminal area ... about a block or so from the tender dock.

The 20 year can order any drink she wishes. :D

The Legal Drinking age in Belize is 18.

LuLu

~~~~

Went to Belize in May and just shopped around, then our group met up at the Wet Lizard and none of us were impressed - pretty small place and nothing special; got drinks and nachos (stale chips). On our way back to the tender dock saw Fat Tuesday and that place looked like it would have been more fun!

Very safe! The Wet Lizard is inside the gates of terminal area ... about a block or so from the tender dock.

The 20 year can order any drink she wishes. :D

The Legal Drinking age in Belize is 18. That's the attraction!

LuLu

~~~~

Didn't realize it was inside the gates - that makes me feel good. I usually am too brave for my own good but tend to me more careful when DD is with me.

Went to Belize in May and just shopped around, then our group met up at the Wet Lizard and none of us were impressed - pretty small place and nothing special; got drinks and nachos (stale chips). On our way back to the tender dock saw Fat Tuesday and that place looked like it would have been more fun! DD and I had too much fun at Fat Tuesday in Cozumel 2 yrs ago - at least she did. I was careful to look out for her-besides I was able to drink onboard the ship. Will keep FT in mind too.[/quote]

Thank you both!

Went to Belize in May and just shopped around, then our group met up at the Wet Lizard and none of us were impressed - pretty small place and nothing special; got drinks and nachos (stale chips). On our way back to the tender dock saw Fat Tuesday and that place looked like it would have been more fun!

Obviously, each to his/her own. But FT's is a corporate cookie cutter place in nearly every port of call and the only really "fun" thing is the giant cowboy boots, the donkey's etc. there for your pictures--for which when you get home you can't remember which port was the 6 guns and which was the giant hat.

Yes WL, upstairs, is relatively small inside (there is an on-the-pier tent annnex) and the covered deck isn't expansive, plus nachos aren't what you order there (conch fritter,meat pies,and cold Belkins). But the place has a bit of character, is locally owned and ran, and the graffiti is interesting.

Has anyone used the WL for their beach excursions?

http://www.thewetlizard.com/tours/

They act as a clearing house for some local operators. DW and SIL went through WL last year for a Shark Ray Alley snorkel excursion to Caye Caulker. There was a bit of confusion and delay on the part of the actual excursion provider, nothing on WL's part. WL reached out and help get things right and get the tour started.

They act as a clearing house for some local operators. DW and SIL went through WL last year for a Shark Ray Alley snorkel excursion to Caye Caulker. There was a bit of confusion and delay on the part of the actual excursion provider, nothing on WL's part. WL reached out and help get things right and get the tour started.

That was my impression so far in my research. Note if you go to the Coral Breeze website you will see the WL logo with a link to them.

BonVoyage

Dawna

• 1 month later...

ok i tried

what is a WL? SIL DW

Conch fritter, thanks Crewsweeper. I'm not a beer drinker so please if this is a stupid question I apologize. :confused: Is Belkin available elsewhere; or only in the Caribbean? (looking for a gift for my father)

Only in Belize. You can buy a 6-er at the store on the dock and bring it back. (there are several different varieties-get Belikin Premium for him) They might not let you take it to your cabin, but if the ship will stow it for you until the last night, it'll be fine. Otherwise try to sneak it on. Also a good gift in One Barrel Rum, only made in Belize.

Archived