Raiatea Inquiry

baderry

Can anyone recommend a nice place to dine, have drinks & watch the sunset in Raiatea?

Also does anyone know if the Raiatea Les Roulettes are near the cruise port?

Thanks in advance.

Bettye

You are right next to the main town when you dock at Raiatea. There are a few places to eat. Yes there are a few roulettes.

Remember Tahaa is to the west of Raiatea so the sunset can be blocked depending on your location.

The closest and best location for a drink/dinner is L'espadon which is next to the ship dock. They have an outdoor terrace facing north and west.

Keep in mid there is a heavy Asian influence on Raiatea so it's pretty much French, Polynesian & Asian food.

Edited by Tikiintahiti

You are right next to the main town when you dock at Raiatea. There are a few places to eat. Yes there are a few roulettes.

Remember Tahaa is to the west of Raiatea so the sunset can be blocked depending on your location.

The closest and best location for a drink/dinner is L'espadon which is next to the ship dock. They have an outdoor terrace facing north and west.

Keep in mid there is a heavy Asian influence on Raiatea so it's pretty much French, Polynesian & Asian food.

Thank you so much. Any other information you could give me regarding Raiatea would be greatly appreciated. I am thinking that since L'espadon is so close to the ship it might be crowded with my fellow cruise mates:eek: Any other suggestions for restaurant & bar with a sunset view? We will be in port until 11:00 p.m.

Thanks,

Bettye

Le Club House - located at the yacht harbor 1/2 mile from the ship dock. When you leave the ship go to your right. Stay on the path that is between the road and the lagoon. You will come to the yacht marina. Good location for sunset. Never eaten there so I can't say anything about the food but it is open air looking toward the sunset.

Edited by Tikiintahiti

Le Club House - located at the yacht harbor 1/2 mile from the ship dock. When you leave the ship go to your right. Stay on the path that is between the road and the lagoon. You will come to the yacht marina. Good location for sunset. Never eaten there so I can't say anything about the food but it is open air looking toward the sunset.

Great, thank you so much Tiki!

Bettye

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Aside from eating what is there to do and see without taking a ships tour? They usually cost a lot more than they are worth. Would love any help you could give us. Thanks. :):)

• 5 weeks later...

Our cruise ship is also docking at Raiatea. Our cruise ship is docked from 9:00am to 4:00am the next morning on January 5th. I was thinking about my husband and I along with my folks renting a car and driving around the island. Would this itinerary be a good use of our time spent here? Is there anything you would add?

Mt. Temehani

Mount Tapioi

Marae at taputaputaea

Faaroa Bay

Vanilla Plantations

Thanks

Steph

Top lagoon tour IMO is Bruno's - http://www.tahaa.net/

Hi Tikiintahiti: You will probably see me on this board a lot in the next few months as we have booked our first cruise to Tahiti and the Polynesian Islands for Jan./Feb. of 2015, and I have so many questions.

Can you give me an approximate price for Bruno's Lagoon Tour?

When would you recommend booking excursions for our cruise? Will they even take bookings almost a year out? Thanks!!!

Top lagoon tour IMO is Bruno's - http://www.tahaa.net/

Hi Tikiintahiti: You will probably see me on this board a lot in the next few months as we have booked our first cruise to Tahiti and the Polynesian Islands for Jan./Feb. of 2015, and I have so many questions.

Can you give me an approximate price for Bruno's Lagoon Tour?

When would you recommend booking excursions for our cruise? Will they even take bookings almost a year out? Thanks!!!

About $120 USD for all day including lunch on a motu.

http://www.tahaa.net/

Our cruise ship is also docking at Raiatea. Our cruise ship is docked from 9:00am to 4:00am the next morning on January 5th. I was thinking about my husband and I along with my folks renting a car and driving around the island. Would this itinerary be a good use of our time spent here? Is there anything you would add?

Mt. Temehani

Mount Tapioi

Marae at taputaputaea

Faaroa Bay

Vanilla Plantations

Thanks

Steph

The interior drive is also very nice that goes from Faaroa Bay to Faatemu Bay ............... off the beaten trek ;)

Hi, Here are my two cents worth just having come back from a similar cruise beginning of Feb of this year.

We were a group of eight, I researched all the ports etc. and taking the best of the best...we did Brunos tour. Now, we did have Eric and George and all agreed this was the best tour we did. Full, full day that includes the vanilla farm, pearl farm , the great scenery while in the boat and of course the lunch and snorkelling at Coral Gardens. Think we started at just after 8:30, got back to boat at 4 pm...happy, happy ,happy. If I do remember right it was more than 120 US but really it was worth it.

When I started planning this trip I felt quite overwhelmed, but the more I read the more comfortable I became in booking the tours. For Moorea we did Albert and actually had Albert himself, then for Bora Bora it was Reef Discovery. On that tour we had David , great guy, who is from France. Again another great tour....the whole trip was good.

Hope is helps some of you who are doing the planning for this trip.