Keeping the dining party together?

bleigh918

I will be sailing on the Glory at the end of July with 13 family members. I want to make sure that we will all be sitting near or with each other in the dining room. Is there anything I can do now to make sure we are together? Once on the ship is there anyone I can speak with before dinner to see? Also, is there a table able to accommodate 13 or will we need to be at separate tables? This will be my first carnival cruise so I am not sure how things work! Thanks in advance!

There are no tables for 13.

The best thing to do is make sure your booking numbers are linked. That way you'll get tables near each other.

I wouldn't wait until I got on the ship to arrange tables together.

The best thing to do is make sure your booking numbers are linked. That way you'll get tables near each other.

Agreed!

OP - I assume you have either early or late seating not Anytime Dining.

You will need all of the booking numbers - then contact who ever you are booked through and make sure they are "linked". That should ensure that you are near each other in the dining room. But - I would check the table assignments one on board - just to be sure. ;)

you do not want anytime dining. your chances of having tables next to eachnothermis very small. taking traditional dining you will probbly have two tables ome for 8 and a table for 6_- rotate each evening or between courses

We have a party of 14 and growing for our family cruise next August...we are making sure everyone booked through our carnival agent so we are close together

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

If for some reason you are not together (our party of nine-two families-did not link our reservations prior to the cruise) go to the maître d' as soon as he is available when you board. We are just off the Liberty, and we did this. Although we didn't get to sit together the first night, the notice was delivered by 2:00pm the next day that the arrangements had been made.

We actually had a round table that sat 14 on the Paradise. It was horrible and we decided never to ask for that again. Could only talk with those on either side of us. Had to send 'smoke signals' to those across the way.:p

When we sailed with family, we each had ATD and we all went to the MDR together, we sat together at the same table. They pulled tables together. We didn't have any issues. This was on the Dream.

How many in your party? the tables usually do not move as they are bolted to the floor. IF they do indeed move tables to accommodate a large family you would need to wait til both tables are finished eating.

you do not want anytime dining. your chances of having tables next to eachnothermis very small. taking traditional dining you will probbly have two tables ome for 8 and a table for 6_- rotate each evening or between courses

That's not necessarily true, we were a group of 13 and had ATD and ate dinner together every evening on Destiny (April '12) and we never had a long wait. The hostess just asked if we were all there (yes- all our bookings were linked via our very nice PVP prior to sailing)-we would answer yes- then they sat us at two tables very close to each other- like a 8 table with a 6 table or 10 table with a 4 table- we always made it work. They even sat us the second night before everyone got there and just had them come over once they arrived.

Happy Sailing!!

That's not necessarily true, we were a group of 13 and had ATD and ate dinner together every evening on Destiny (April '12) and we never had a long wait. The hostess just asked if we were all there (yes- all our bookings were linked via our very nice PVP prior to sailing)-we would answer yes- then they sat us at two tables very close to each other- like a 8 table with a 6 table or 10 table with a 4 table- we always made it work. They even sat us the second night before everyone got there and just had them come over once they arrived.

Happy Sailing!!

what time were you arriving for dinner?

and today-- they will not seat you all unless you are all present.

Once upon a time you were able to reserve a certain table and wait staff-- no longer either

Archived