Embarkation time in Barcelona

FawnRiver

What time do you normally have to be at the port in Barcelona to check in? Our next cruise is the TA on the Ruby, which sails at 7pm, but it doesn't yet say on the itinerary when check in begins.

We're flying in two days early and looking at hotels, some of which offer late checkout (2pm), which seems like a good idea regardless of when check in starts but I'd like to know if I should consider that an absolute necessity instead of a nice bonus.

Barcelona is one embarkation port where we would not be rushing to board the ship. As one of our favorite cities in Europe, we would extend our time there as much as possible.

Late check out is nice, but when we embark there we check out and then have the hotel hold our luggage. We then enjoy walking La Rambla one last time and, perhaps, a leisurely lunch before finally saying goodbye to that beautiful city.

Lew

Barcelona is one embarkation port where we would not be rushing to board the ship. As one of our favorite cities in Europe, we would extend our time there as much as possible.

Late check out is nice, but when we embark there we check out and then have the hotel hold our luggage. We then enjoy walking La Rambla one last time and, perhaps, a leisurely lunch before finally saying goodbye to that beautiful city.

Lew

Thanks, its good to know that Barcelona is such a nice city to visit, that's one of the reasons why we're flying in early, but do you recall the time check in for cruises opens?

I'm not a big fan of leaving my luggage so its very unlikely that I'd want to have a hotel hold my luggage after I check out.

Thanks, its good to know that Barcelona is such a nice city to visit, that's one of the reasons why we're flying in early, but do you recall the time check in for cruises opens?

I'm not a big fan of leaving my luggage so its very unlikely that I'd want to have a hotel hold my luggage after I check out.

Check-in will start around noon; give or take a few minutes.

Thank you, that was what I was expecting but since there was nothing in our itinerary yet and we've never sailed from Barcelona before I didn't want to make an assumption and base plans on what could be an incorrect assumption.

Our next cruise is the TA on the Ruby, which sails at 7pm, but it doesn't yet say on the itinerary when check in begins.

Are you referring to the itinerary in your Cruise Personalizer? I ask because our itineraries for all cruises we have booked, through January 2015, have check in times listed.

Lew

Are you referring to the itinerary in your Cruise Personalizer? I ask because our itineraries for all cruises we have booked, through January 2015, have check in times listed.

Lew

Doesn't really matter what it says, Lew. It's always the same. Could differ in Tahiti, but that's the only place I know of.

Embarkation for the TA shows 2-8pm; for the two Caribbean cruises it's 12:30-3. But you're right, in Venice and Fort Lauderdale we usually leave the hotel at about noon and have never had a problem.

Lew

Archived