Sunshine-Europe-Barcelona (boarding times?)

13cheermom

Will be on the Sunshine late September out of Barcelona. Does anyone know based on recent cruising experience what time you are allowed to start boarding the ship? I realize departure isn't until 5:00 pm from port but was curious about when people usually arrive at port to begin boarding ship. Thanks for any help!:)

We leave on the Sunshine in July. Our boarding passes say from 12 noon - 4pm. However, when I purchased FTTF, it changed to 11am. :)

Mine says 11:30 am with FTTF - LOL

I'll still be there ready to board about 10:45 am.

We just got off the sunshine and the self embark guests started at 430 and HAD to b off at 730. We had a 1:00 pm flight and got zone 25 which meant off at 730 for carnival shuttle. Last shuttle was 830 and everybody has to be off the ship by 9:00. Carnival terminal was organized. The airport was not. Go very early if you leave on a Sunday. We almost missed our flight along with about 20 other carnival guests. Wonderful cruise. Loved it all.

Thanks I will aim for 8:30 get off time as my flight isn't until 10pm although getting around Venice at the crack of dawn by boat would be fun.

I just checked the left luggage in Piazzale Roma seems to open at 6 am.

We were onboard by 12:15 in Barcelona with just regular boarding. In Venice they start making announcements at 4:30 am! Would have been nice to have a little more sleep prior to a long flight day. Yes Marco Polo airport is chaotic with no organization and also nowhere to sit! (they made us get out of line because you can't even check in until 3 hours prior to your flight and while in line they moved lots of people in front of us who had earlier flights) and the People Mover does not start running on Sunday til maybe 8:00 am? And a taxi to the airport for 4 with luggage was E70! We went up and over the bridge since the People mover wasn't working, it wasn't a difficult walk and took the AOTV bus for E6 each. Worked perfectly

Just wanted to add to aamech.. Venice disembark to airport... The bus is so EASY and cheap. I was so nervous, strange city, don't know where to go but honestly, when you walk, you can't miss it and the bus loop, is right there where u buy ticket and they understood English. Takes u right to airport. I found airport easy as well but obviously was not as busy as some have experienced. Walking with luggage and purses etc, is safe as well.

It's the 4:30 am departure time at the end of the cruise that bothers me!!

I was on the June 7th sailing from Barcelona- was very annoyed -the last day they were announcing departure times - yes they started announcing at

4:30 am everyone had to be off the ship by 915am

Archived