One-way Rental Vancouver to Seattle

Does anyone know of a rental agency close to Canada Place that rents cars for one-way trips. After our last trip between the cities (we used QuickShuttle), we met a couple at SeaTac who had rented a car and driven down. Of course, we didn't ask them what company they used!

Adele

Adele - i noticed that you have added the coastal repo to your signature for May 2006 but from looking at the NCL web site it shows the repo as San Francisco to Vancouver and the Alaska cruise leaving the same day as you arrive in Vancouver but from Seattle - did I miss something or has NCL made a mistake - i also checked with TA's website and they show the same thing - price wise the repo looks tempting but i wonder why Victoria and not Astoria if it is coming into Vancouver.

Will email you later

Cheers

Dennis

Adele, The scenic route that we are planning to take is: Leaving Vancouver... south on I-5 to HWY. 11 (south of Bellingham) then we will hug the coast until we pick up HWY 20 and head toward Deception Pass St. Park....continue south and pick up Hwy 525 to Clinton. In Clinton we will take the ferry to Mukilteo and make our way back to I-5. DON"T RELY ON MY DIRECTIONS:eek: - GET A MAP!!! I'm not sure how long it will take but I know that it will be beautiful. Maybe someone familiar with the area can give us some input. Anyboby out there?

DENISE

Adele - in a nutshell that is the route to take but if you are short of time and/or don't want to wait for a ferry - take a little side trip to Deception Pass state park and then return back to I-5 and continue on into Seattle. Highway 11 is called the Chuckanut Drive - stop at Larrabee State Park and walk out to the ocean. Couple of Oyster restaurants along the way - watch for cyclists as the route is narrow in places and this is a popular cycling route.

Cheers

Dennis

Adele - in a nutshell that is the route to take but if you are short of time and/or don't want to wait for a ferry - take a little side trip to Deception Pass state park and then return back to I-5 and continue on into Seattle. Highway 11 is called the Chuckanut Drive - stop at Larrabee State Park and walk out to the ocean. Couple of Oyster restaurants along the way - watch for cyclists as the route is narrow in places and this is a popular cycling route.

Cheers

Dennis

Cruise More... here is a copy of our car itinerary. If you choose Budget - Check-in at the cruise terminal kiosk, and a Budget courtesy shuttle will take you to the off-site lot. I would make the reservation in advance, but some on the shuttle had not.

Our vehicle ended up being a brand-new Ford Freestyle AWD. Quite satisfied with both vehicle and the pricing for 5 days. It had only 200km on it at pick-up and 2000km at drop-off. We ended up dropping it off June 19th, as our flight was delayed. No extra charge as it is on the 24 hr system.

I booked through the online Budget website.

Did a DUMB thing, though. Reserved w/ credit card. Paid with cash. Duh...my credit card had the rental insurance on it... we had to go back before we even got out of town, after it dawned on us - paying cash had eliminated our rental car insurance.

Thank you for choosing Budget Rent A Car.

Pick-Up: Vancouver

June 15, 2005 8:30AM

Drop-Off: Sea-Tac

June 18, 2005 4:00PM

Vehicle: FORD EXPLORER 4WD-4DR/7 passenger or similar

Mileage: Unlimited Free KMS

Additional Equipment: none

Vehicle Rate: 339.80

One-Way Fee: none

Additional Equipment: none

Surcharge: 5.92

Tax: 55.24

Estimated* Total: 400.96 CAD

Rate Selection: Leisure Rate

Rate Code: G2

There is a National Car Rental office right in the hotel lobby of the Pan Pacific Hotel at Canada Place. We got a rate of $109 with taxes and everything for the one-way trip from Vancouver to Seattle for a full size car.

I see that many have done just what we thought we would do.

Denise, I used to live on Whidbey Island (a long) time ago, and your scenic route is a GREAT one. You will absolutely not regret your choice. There are many places to stop along the way for a picnic lunch, and you can pick up your lunch in Oak Harbor, which is south of Deception Pass. A few years ago, we had some time to kill when we were in Seattle. We rented a car and took the Mukilteo Ferry north, driving just the opposite of your route.

Dennis, the Sun does, indeed, go into Vancouver. It looks like it will then head south--empty--to Seattle for its first Alaska run of the season. That's why we need to get from Vancouver to Seattle, so we can get back on her!

We're not sure right now whether we'll rent the car or take the QuickShuttle again. I checked the QuickShuttle price--$66 Canadian for the two of us--and it will take us right to Pier 66. It seems so easy. At least we have almost a year to decide.

Thank you again, everyone!

Adele

Adele - Have you checked either with your TA or NCL to see if you can stay on the ship - I am sure there are probably more than a few others like you that are heading for Alaska.

Cheers and Happy July 4, 2005 everyone

Dennis

Archived