Cruise fare price drops. When do they usually occur?

If a price fro your cruise fare is going to drop what time fram out from the cruise is most likely? like 5 months 6 months or 1 year?

I've never been able to see a pattern. Price changes can happen anytime.

I've noticed they seem the rise about 2-3 weeks prior to sailing - but that is only my opinion based on selected cruises I've been on. And Bob is correct - haven't noticed any pattern whatsoever.

Hidden deep within an impregnable mountain fortress is a secure facility that plays host to a group of highly-talented, well-compensated computer programmers who create complex formulas to feed into a sophisticated program that calculates how to achieve maximum revenue on each sailing. Risks and benefits of marketing strategies such as senior discounts, OBC awards, C&A incentives and category upgrades are intertwined with objectives such as preventing cancellations, filling all cabins and calculating the amount of additional revenue that can be extracted from the "extras".

Only the senior project developer possesses access to the code that creates a price drop and no one has ever been successful in getting him drunk enough to divulge it.

Archived