Entertainment on the promenade

Can anyone tell me what the entertainment and activities are like on the promenade deck? What are the parades like and how long do they last? Does the promenade get too crowded to enjoy? Is something going on every night in addition to the people watching?

Everyone talks about the shows, but I have not heard much about this.

Thanks

On the Navigator we had two parades and I believe that both started around 11:00 both nights. It can get crowded for the parades but it is not that bad at all. They last about fifteen minutes give or take a few. On two different nights they had two of the singers from the productions shows come out and sing songs. One was a summertime collection and the other I do not remember. Seems like something was always going on. It may vary from ship to ship.

There isn't much in regards to entertainment going on throughout the Promenade save the parades or the captain's welcome aboard speech. I found that it was mostly shopping going on as stands were set up in the middle of the Promenade.

It doesn't get really crowed. The only time it was bad was for the captain's speech.

Haven't been on a ship with a promenade except the Explorer, but on the Explorer I never felt like it was too crowded to enjoy. In fact I think it was one of the more enjoyable spots to be! Great to "see and be seen". ;) Two parades, only watched the second one b/c was invited to by a staff member...wouldn't do it again lol.

On all the Voyager-class cruises I've been on so far there was almost always something going on in the Promenade! Besides the parades and Captain's gala, there are street performers (Krooz Komics) who will show up at various times of the day doing various entertaining acts throughout the promenade (magic, mime, slapstick, juggling, etc...) There are also various musicians who perform at different times. I've seen the Caribbean band in the promenade, some Country singers, a string quartet to name a few. It is really a "happening" place and is the reason we enjoy Voyager-class so much! I totally miss the Royal Promenade when I sail on other type ships!!!

Archived