*June 26, 2013 Sound Off*

SOUND OFF!!!!:p!!!!!!!!:D!!!!

How Long before Your Wedding Date?

How are Your Wedding Plans coming along?

At this Very Moment What are you working on?

Has Your Bridal Party/Family Been Helping you, Or U doing this yourself?

Have all your guest booked, Or started to book yet?

Whatever else U would like to share.............

What a fun thread, Shatima!

1) How long before your wedding date? 10 months from today!!!!

2) How are your wedding plans coming along? So far, so good! We've sent our save the dates (DIY mini passports) and I'm slowly showing him my ideas for the ceremony & reception. He's not really into the details, so I just show him a picture or explain an idea I have every once in awhile just to make sure we are on the same page.

3) At this very moment what are you working on? I'm looking for dresses online and will be making my appointments very soon! Also, going to start designing the invitations (DIY boarding passes).

4) Has your bridal party/family been helping you? Yes, I've bounced a lot of my ideas off them as we go along. My sis is planning to come dress shopping with me.

5) Have all your guests booked? They have started booking. We currently have 10 cabins (24 people) booked, including us.

How Long before Your Wedding Date? Just over five months

How are Your Wedding Plans coming along? My plans are progressing

I have my dress (which i hope to fit in) working on that.

I bought some of the decorations for the cake and cake table, the favor bags and guest book. Already decided on favors.

Booked Makeup with Chic Makeup by Aimee.

At this very moment what are you working on? At this moment I am trying to decide on hair style, head piece and jewelry.

I am working on my invitations waiting on pocket folders and enclosures to arrive. Hope to send out very soon.

Has your bridal party/family been helping you? I am basically doing everything myself with a little help from the FI and some of my friends when the ideas hit me.

Have all your guests booked? About 20 persons have booked waiting on the remainder.

Whatever else U would like to share.............What I would like to share is that I am very grateful to past and future brides for the wealth of information on this board. Kudos to you gals.

:D:D:D:D

I still have a lot to do I am not panicking yet. Please keep the information and ideas coming.

Wedding is just under 8 months away!

Wedding plans are coming along great...most everything that needs to be booked is (except photographer as she only books 6 months in advance...am I nervous about that? Yes!)

Focus right now is on the dress...went once and couldn't commit. It's very hard to picture myself in a dress when it is 6 sizes too big and clamped as best as they can. Going again on Saturday and hoping to say yes to the dress!

I am doing everything basically myself...although I haven't really done anything that requires help. I'm having a destination wedding to avoid stress, so I'm keeping it simple!

We have 29 guests booked so far and probably another 15-20 more to go. Because not everyone wanted to commit to booking at the same time, we didn't do a group booking. Do any of you know if we can still get our bookings linked together so that we can all sit together at dinner??

About 7.5 months, but it feels like every time I blink, we go through another month!

They are coming along, I have my dress bought (thank god), we are looking into getting the licensing for Malta and i hope to have all of that gathered by the end of July. We also have the at home reception to plan, which was originally going to be more laid back, but increasingly it is becoming more and more full blown wedding like, and expensive

Working on transportation Miami and to the port, currently my flight is booked but my fiance isn't (yet!), and then we are choosing between renting large suv's, renting a party bus, or taking 2 limos, which oddly enough are all about the same price. Also trying to sort out our excursions so that we can put it on our website and let our friends and family know what our plans are. Invitations are made, and addressed, we just need to pop them in the mail!

My maid of honour is the best ever, and so is my fiance, and my mom. Everyone is being really supportive, but its hard when only my mom/dad/fiance/grandma and aunt really have cruise experience, so I lean a lot on my Mom, and my maid of honour will help with anything she can!

We have about 58 guests booked right now (eeek!) and are expecting another 10 or so when it is all said and done. Some of our friends/family will book last minute (which I think is just to see how stressed they can make me), and others are just waiting for the final invites

This is so great to have ideas from others and people who understand the difficulties with this type of wedding (lack of info, timing, regulations etc.), and not to mention the amazing support here.

9 months and 3 days (financee has a countdown going, I'm reminded almost every day)

Dress is purchased, reception is booked, photographer was just booked. Still need to figure out colors for bridesmaid dresses, (cannot find lime green chiffon anywhere!) :D:D

Trying to get my bridesmaids together to pick out a dress color to go with Lime green. Then to start flowers And booking our "B2B" honeymoon cruise out of PR.

My mom has been my biggest help, however sometimes i think she is trying to plan her own wedding. We have butted heads some.

we have 10 rooms booked, all my girls havent booked and are waiting until last minute, against my wishes (since we are booking early saver and can price drop the whole time). We are planning on having at least another 8-10 rooms booked on board and people flying down to St. Thomas and meeting us there.

Less than a month!! July 26 on Carnival Inspiration out of Long Beach

Dress is purchased, Fitting tomorrow.

Carnival called yesterday and want my guest list, cake order & entertainment form. Calling, texting, FB messaging guests to get information.

My fiance, my MOH, my mom & his mom have all been a big help. Oh and this board as well.

We have 18 cabins booked, 53 sailing. We have another 30 as non-sailing guests.

Anything else you would like to share?

We originally booked the grand suite for our room. Yesterday, we were upgraded to the owner's suite, Penthouse 1 overlooking the pool area with almost 1,000 square feet!!! We had to pay $1250 more, but I think it is going to be worth it. The pictures are amazing!! This might be a real honeymoon where we rarely leave the room. LOL! And we can treat our 53 sailing guests to drinks at our suite.

sound off!!!!:p!!!!!!!!:d!!!!

how long before your wedding date?

3 months and 30 days! Hahah

how are your wedding plans coming along?

great! Doing favours now

at this very moment what are you working on?

favours!!! And thinking of ways to decorate my rehearsal dinner

has your bridal party/family been helping you, or u doing this yourself?

yes! They put on a awesome bridal shower for me!

have all your guest booked, or started to book yet?

i have 49 cruise guest booked and 7 non cruising guest. We are expecting 60 people in total

whatever else u would like to share.............

so excited!!

Less than a month!! July 26 on Carnival Inspiration out of Long Beach

Dress is purchased, Fitting tomorrow.

Carnival called yesterday and want my guest list, cake order & entertainment form. Calling, texting, FB messaging guests to get information.

My fiance, my MOH, my mom & his mom have all been a big help. Oh and this board as well.

We have 18 cabins booked, 53 sailing. We have another 30 as non-sailing guests.

Anything else you would like to share?

We originally booked the grand suite for our room. Yesterday, we were upgraded to the owner's suite, Penthouse 1 overlooking the pool area with almost 1,000 square feet!!! We had to pay $1250 more, but I think it is going to be worth it. The pictures are amazing!! This might be a real honeymoon where we rarely leave the room. LOL! And we can treat our 53 sailing guests to drinks at our suite.

Omg what a fab upgrade! Enjoy

Oh, this IS fun!

Less than three months - oh wow, my heart stopped beating for a second. That's coming up quick! Sail date is September 17th, and wedding date is September 25th. Really? That soon?

Gotta admit, they are slow! I am a laid-back-kinda-gal... clearly too laid back. I have my dress (bridal consignment store that made me feel so special, so beautiful, and so perfect in my dress - I couldn't ask for a better experience) and obviously the invites have been sent. We have our first song picked out, and the cake flavor. DF has his suit too, and rings are just about paid for :)

Too many things on the go! We are continually working on Welcome Bags/small wedding favors, song list for the reception and ceremony, many DIY projects, such as welcome letters, postcards, ect.

So far, just myself and my fiance :) Thankfully and happily, we are a good team!

Yes! We are having a very intimate group of only 12 guests - 10 sailing, 2 meeting us in Hawaii for the day!

Still lots to do, but man has this been such a stress-free and calm experience, especially hearing about some of the craziness other people who don't go for a cruise wedding have to deal with! I love this option, and *freakin* love all the ideas and all the posts that I've learned about from these boards. I am a DIY-er, and a penny-saver, and so appreciate all the time everyone takes to share ideas. Thanks to everyone, and looking forward to sharing ideas soon :)

Fun idea... I'll play too! :)

How Long before Your Wedding Date? A week from today we'll be celebrating the 4th of July with family, friends & fireworks in Long Beach then 1 week from tomorrow we'll be MARRIED aboard the Carnival Inspiration!

How are Your Wedding Plans coming along? Done, I think... I hope! Wait, we have to pick up tuxes on Tues next week. & I have a hair & makeup apt tomorrow, then I'm done. I think. Wait, I sill have to pack everything & then I'm done. No wait - there's something else....

At this Very Moment What are you working on? Staying sane! (If you couldn't tell from the above) :p

Has Your Bridal Party/Family Been Helping you, Or U doing this yourself? Pretty much alone on this one with a little help from my fiance & a dear friend who lives nearby. My bridal party all live out of town.

Have all your guest booked, Or started to book yet? We have 41 sailing & 19 non-sailing guests. Everyone's booked, confirmed & paid!

I'm SO SO SO excited!!! :D

How Long before Your Wedding Date? 200 days! Jan.14,2014!

How are Your Wedding Plans coming along? Pretty good! We hired a couple that takes care of the officiant, photographer, beach decor, cake, and all of that stuff locally on Key West. Also hired a steel drummer! Just got my dress last Friday. I am not normally a lucky person, but I tell you right now... I hit the jackpot baby! It was a 2011 dress, discontinued in 2012, and my consultant found it in the deepest recesses of the rack! Last one available, and its original $1500 price tag, cut down to $450. WHAAAAAT?

At this Very Moment What are you working on? Working on my shadow box that will serve as the vessel for the sand ceremony.

Has Your Bridal Party/Family Been Helping you, Or U doing this yourself? My fiance helped with a few decisions, and I get help from my parents too. My mom is doing double duty. She is MOB and MOH! We don't have anyone else in wedding party, mainly b/c we don't know how many people are coming (see next question)

Have all your guest booked, Or started to book yet? My parents are booking soon, but no one else has. STRAGGLERS! lol

Whatever else U would like to share............. Like everyone else, I am so thankful for this board, and everyone's advice and support!

Good thread,Shatima!

Whee! I imagine this thread is making the anticipation grow for many of us! Here goes!

Leaving for the cruise in 1 MONTH today!! Getting married in 1 month and 2 days from today! YAY!

Coming along just fine! Picking up my dress from alterations today! Just have some minor things to put together, and it's mostly the waiting game now!

Finishing up my DIY wedding wands for the ceremony, collecting final RSVP's to order wedding favors, going to start the ceremony program, and burning CDs for the ceremony and reception songs.

Mom + Godmother helped me with my silk flower arrangements as soon as I booked the cruise wedding, but I've pretty much been doing everything myself since I moved away from home last year. Our entire bridal party is in our home state. :(

I imagine we've been at our current guest count for the past month and RSVP's are due in a couple of days - I think it's pretty much final. I have a HUGE family on my dad's side and it was surprising to me that NOT ONE person (of my 30+ cousins) is joining us. Quite disappointing, but it shows a lot about who cares about me and my FH as a couple. We will have 21 guests and aside from our immediate family, the rest are our friends from Seattle.

This forum has been an absolute blessing to have! Planning this cruise wedding has been a tricky experience, but so much easier with the help of everyone's advice and reviews. So glad I found it, and have been trolling the boards every day so I don't miss a thing! :D

9 days, 12 hours and 20 minutes, but who is counting? :) so excited! We leave in 4 days!!!!

I am doing the bare minimum...we have three daughters and are so busy, were focusing on just getting there, lol. But plans are good! I have had all of my final calls, picked out all of my music, CDs are made, itinerary and info packets emailed, and laundry is done! Bachelorette party is tomorrow night! Then it's down to business :) we have had a few major catastrophes I will share in my review (not Carnival related, but totally bride cringe worthy and worth sharing so you feel better about the small stuff...trust me, this trumps it), and a few dress fiascos, but over all, I'm happy and oh so ready!

Laundry, shopping, laundry, packing, laundry, shopping :)

I am doing this myself. This is a 2nd wedding for both of us, so besides my two daughters from a previous marriage, and our daughter together, we have no wedding party...they're it! And all three are young, under 10, but excited. I have friends helping me and supporting me along the way, and of course my hubby to be is amazing, but overall, it's just me.

Have all your guest booked, Or started to book yet?yes, yes, yes! We hit that deadline a few weeks ago! Had one minor Omg moment with my future MIL but other than that, everyone booked before January.

I AM SO EXCITED, and I just can't hide it, I'm about to lose control and I think I like it, woooooo!

Shatima... I just wanted to say thank you I love love love this thread... Unfortunately I have just begun and can't answer any of these questions yet. I am very grateful thank you.

Crystal

Archived