Margaritaville, Montego Bay ????

LJLB6

We were in Margaritaville last week - from Montego Bay port it is a short cab ride away. We stayed about 2 hrs - the grandkids aged 10 and 12 loved the slide and the water trampoline - the adults loved the music and atmosphere, except our oldest - Aged 87 - a little loud for him.

Were the slide and trampoline close by and were they netted so sharks can't get in-my friend going with us is scared b/c there was a shark attack near where we go to the beach destin, FL -I told them it would be fine!!

I've read a lot of rave reviews of the Margaritaville in Ocho Rios, everyone says it is very large, right on the beach, and the place was a blast. But the reviews of the Margaritaville in Mo'Bay isn't as good. The one in Mo'Bay is much smaller, it's not on the beach with beach access, and the food and crowds are bad. So when you read a great review of Margaritaville, be sure to find out which Margaritaville they're talking about, most likely it's the one in Ocho Rios.;)

While in Montego Bay, I would suggest going to Sunset Beach Resort. It can be seen from the ship and costed our family of 4 only $5 (total cost for all of us) to get there by taxi. Adults pay $20 and kids pay $10 to get in. It's an all-inclusive so once you enter, everythings free including the restaurants, all food, sodas, all alcoholic beverages, and it's right on the beach with 3 pools to choose from. We really liked the pool with the swim up bar. The snorkel gear, kayaks, paddle boats, and pool table were all free. My husband said the Red Stripe beer tasted just like Coors, but I preferred the foo-foo drinks, especially the Hummingbird. It was like a banana milk shake with a kick ( it was strong!):D

We stopped in Margaritaville in Montego Bay and thought it was awful. It was very dirty, many of the empty tables never got cleaned. The waiter brought us our menus and didn't come back so after 25 minutes we just left. The water trampoline did look fun though however it is one place I won't return to. And yes you must take a cab, to far for a walk.

In MoBay, the slide starts on the upper deck of the bar/restaurant. The trampolines are a short swim away. I wouldn't think the area is netted. Water was cool 2 wks ago, but nice. Service was slow, but that is Jamaica! There is no beach there, so we were disappointed, but you can get in the water, of course, from the dock.

Archived