Haven - Breakaway

diskids2

Hi everyone,

We are planning our first cruise on the Breakaway, August 2014. Our plan is to get a two bedroom Haven suite. We have five people in our family. From what I am reading these suites are available on Decks 15 and 16.

Should I go with Deck 16 and be on the same deck as the lounge and restaurant with the sun deck above me or should I go on Deck 15 with cabins above and below, but not on the same deck as lounge and restaurant.

Thanks!

First, 5 people in the 2 BR suite will feel a bit cramped, I fear. Even if they are just young kids. Anyway, choose deck 16. Deck 15 is a long dark corridor with 1 blind door to get in or out and a dark stairway to 16. We were on deck 16, but took a look on deck 15 and we were a bit surprised...

The main benefit to 15 is that all the elevators go there, where only a few go all the way to 16. Other than that, I would choose 16 for ease of access. We were on 15, it wasn't bad at all (and very quiet), but 16 is great.

Robin

Thank you for those suggestions. I think we will stick to Deck 16. A PP concern about space for five in the two bedroom is also a concern of mine, and I am trying to convince my husband that we would be better with two connecting, or not, smaller haven suites. I forget the category (forgive me this planning is overwhelming but I LOVE IT), I think s5. Two of those would be about $3000 more which I think would be money well spent....now I have to convince him.

Changing the subject, if anyone is reading, do we need passes to VIBE or the spa or is that the same thing for the week? I did read in another thread that if you were early risers 8 am it would be no problem. We are early risers, but that is the time we are eating breakfast. I'd think we'd be at the sun deck later and maybe even the afternoon.

We had 5 in a 2 bedroom haven suite on Epic and it was fine. 2 in the master, my MIL and 7 year old on bottom bed in 2nd bedroom and my 14 year old on top bed in 2nd bedroom. It was fine.

Thank you for the feedback! How did you like the Haven overall?

I think you're booking the same sailing I'm on - we're on 16 with a 2BR for four (two adults & two kids) and a PH next door for two more adults. We chose deck 16 for the reasons already outlined (easy access to Haven amenities). There are very few connecting Haven suites so you'll likely end up side by side if you book two cabins.

Vibe & Spa are separate areas and each require their own pass - unless you book a spa suite which would include spa access. There are limited passes for each available so indicate your interest to the pre-cruise concierge and then the on-board team will be prepared to assist when you board.

Hope that helps!

Sent from my iPhone using the Cruise Critic App

I think you're booking the same sailing I'm on - we're on 16 with a 2BR for four (two adults & two kids) and a PH next door for two more adults. We chose deck 16 for the reasons already outlined (easy access to Haven amenities). There are very few connecting Haven suites so you'll likely end up side by side if you book two cabins.

Vibe & Spa are separate areas and each require their own pass - unless you book a spa suite which would include spa access. There are limited passes for each available so indicate your interest to the pre-cruise concierge and then the on-board team will be prepared to assist when you board.

Hope that helps!

Sent from my iPhone using the Cruise Critic App

Yes that helps very much! We are considering Aug 4 or 11

Archived