Matt Mitcham?

wanderingjew

LOVE Matt! Have sailed with him 2X and he is wonderful. Matt does a great job and is always around. What I love also is he is not annoying with announcements. We sailed the same ship within months of each other and he remembered us!

Todd Wittmer was our favorite CD but has retired and we miss him. Matt is for sure our favorite now!

We cruise on the Glory 10/13 & Matt held a Q & A. He will be the CD on the Glory for the next 3 yrs :).

thats what Josh told us too when we sailed with him last January = a few months later there was a shake up

Just got off the Glory Saturday. Second time sailing with him. First was in May.

Let me just say ladies, he makes me break into a sweat when I see him. Totally gorgeous and a nice guy. He took my ticket for the Gold/Platinum/Diamond party and told me I had beautiful eyes. As they say, flattery will get you everywhere!

Oohhh I think I may need a cold shower right about now :D

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Matt Mitchum. Omg. Amazing! In all my years of cruising, I have never had a CD that I found to be interesting, mostly just annoying. This man is a different story. He is so funny and he's very personable, loves his job, makes everyone feel good, a real gem. His English accent and that face and body with his nice suits add to his appeal. Matt really gets the crowd going with his personality and wit. He is out and about all the time and very approachable. Such a great CD and his assistant, Eversen Bevel, is a carbon copy of Matt. They make a great team, however, during the Q&A last week on the Glory they said Eversen is leaving in February for a vacation and then when he returns to Carnival it will be on a different ship, as they are grooming him to be a CD, not just an asst.

I concur - Matt is awesome!!! He and "Karl with a K" are my 2 favorites - I'd sail with Matt anytime! He's always out and about, interacting with guests and is one of those CDs that you can tell just LOVES his job! (not to mention that he serves as eye candy, too)

Good to hear! We were spoiled with having Karl with a K as the CD on out first cruise. I've been wondering how Matt would be since we're sailing with him on the Glory in April.

And, uh, yes, good eye candy as well!

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

DH and I sailed with Matt once as an Assistant CD and once on the Ecstasy as a CD. These cruises were several years apart, but to our surprise, he remembered us. He is the best CD out there. If John Heald ever retires, Carnival would do well to make him the new brand ambassador. He is very personable, quick witted and full of energy. You can tell he loves his job. He is very good looking, has a beautiful British accent that adds to his charm! Trust me, Matt will do his best to give you a memorable and fun cruise! I would jump at the chance to sail with him again.

• 2 months later...
OMG!!!!!! He is HOT!!!!:D:D:D

I hope I get the opportunity to sail with him soon.......

Easy on the eyes, and clearly, from all of the reviews, he has a great personality. Ahhhhhhhhh!!!! A girl can dream.........:rolleyes:

My thoughts exactly!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ok. We cruised with him in July, on the Breeze. While he is nice to look at, he loses points in the personality department. Was not impressed at ALL!!!!!!! But then again we do not cruise for the cruise director. I could care less who it is. Just was not a fan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Matt is an amazing CD. The position of CD on a ship suits him to a T. That's why he's the CD on Carnival's flagship, the Breeze. :D He is up there with Butch.

Mary, he's that well at it? That's great to hear!

Hope all has been well by you, as usual.

Edited by Disconnections