Who's staying home for Christmas? Not I!

dln929

Funny how things work. My husband came home last night and said that company vacation policy had changed, and the office would no longer close down Christmas week. What! no automatic Christmas vacation after this year's over? What to do but take advantage before the advantage disappears...cruise! We've been hankering for a long time to branch out as we've sailed only Royal Caribbean and Celebrity. We're shareholders, too, so we thought we needed to correct the oversight and visit all "our" companies. Azamara--December 20th--here we come. :D

We booked a V3 cabin on Deck 6, way way back in the aft. I'm absolutely obsessive about getting exactly the right cabin when we go on X, and pore over the possibilities so long that my eyes grow bleary and my hand can hardly move the mouse. I broke with tradition this time. It seems that on a ship so small and with no oversized wedgie balconies like you find on the S class (my favorite), that choosing a cabin is child's play. We're above the Discoveries dining room and I don't foresee any issues as we get up fairly early most mornings. I can't imagine we'd get any dining room noise but it wouldn't bother us anyway. We live in the city on a bus route street so there's hardly anything we can't sleep through.

I looked through the drinks thread (and shook my head more than once but that's an internet forum for you :rolleyes:). I think we'll manage just fine with the complimentary offerings, certainly seems like enough alcohol to keep us happy. We're not particularly bothered by the particulars and my husband, who likes his stouts and porters, can easily buy himself a beer package. I'm guessing I don't have to buy it as well?

It's going to be fun looking over past threads and learning about Azamara. We're thoroughly looking forward to having a wonderful experience on the Quest!

Hi Deidre,

So nice to see you on this forum, and it's great to see you are trying Azamara. We've been on 3 Azamara sailings - twice on Quest, once on Journey, and they were all fantastic experiences. While we enjoy Celebrity, Azamara's service and cuisine are outstanding.

We are totally on the fence about our Winter sailing as we are currently booked on Celebrity, but I'm very displeased with their obsession with loud techno music at the pool and in other public areas. Typically, Celebrity would be a no-brainer for us, but this music thing is chasing us away.

We hope to sail on Azamara this season, but if we do, it will be on one of Quest's 12 night sailings in Late November or Early December.

As for your cabin choice, I'm fairly sure you will be happy with it. We've sailed aft on Quest, and while there was some occasional vibration, it did not bother us at all. As the ship is fairly small relative to Celebrity, it's an easy walk to the Aft elevators, which provides easy access to most locations !

You've always been so helpful on the Celebrity forum, so if you have any questions for us, I'd love to help you get ready for your December sailing. Please ask away with any questions, and I wish you a wonderful time on Quest.

Thank you Andy for the warm welcome. As you know since you moderate the new Viking Oceans forum, Librarylady19 and I had toyed with the idea of venturing across lines, but nixed it in the end. Now I have to convince Sandi to take the plunge and come with us on Azamara. I think we're going to be her guinea pigs and she's going to expect a huge photo report from me first thing! (which will be my pleasure entirely) ;)

Azamara--December 20th--here we come. :D

We booked a V3 cabin on Deck 6, way way back in the aft.

We are on the same sailing. And, we will be neighbors because we are on deck 6 aft also. :)

Archived