Wine & Beer?

Can you use wine from the "wine package" deal when you go to Portofino's???
I believe so. I have even read on the board of some using it in the Windjammer after finding a member of the waitstaff willing to go fetch a bottle for them.

We just returned from the Mariner this weekend and decided to try to bring our own beer/wine. We packed the beer in suit cases and carried the wine on board the plane and then switched it to the suitcases when we arrived. We brought a small collapsable cooler too and a wine bottle opener. Everything arrived in our stateroom just fine and our room attendant kept our cooler full of ice every day!! I really dont think they have time to go through everyones bags for alcohol. Drinks on board weren't overly expensive but it was nice to have wine on our balcony before dinner..etc...and our bar tab at the end was much smaller then our fellow travelers (we were with a big group).:)

Good to hear the prices of the Corona also, our friends drink Corona so now I won't tell him it is like $50.00 and then they find out it is $70.00.

Has anyone ordered or called about the wine prices? I should do that because we are wine drinkers and that sounds like an easier way to have it brought on board. My DH likes the box stuff and we may just try to get a couple of boxes on by putting it in our luggage at the hotel on Sunday, if we can find some place to buy it close to the hotel, I may be calling the hotel and see what is close that sells wine. We drink Chablis or Chardenay.

Cher

Cher...check out my post on page one of this thread and see that I had ascertained info on wine purchase. Looks like they can deliver whatever you want, price to be quoted when you call and request your fav.

Good luck!

Judi

Good to hear the prices of the Corona also, our friends drink Corona so now I won't tell him it is like $50.00 and then they find out it is $70.00.

Has anyone ordered or called about the wine prices? I should do that because we are wine drinkers and that sounds like an easier way to have it brought on board. My DH likes the box stuff and we may just try to get a couple of boxes on by putting it in our luggage at the hotel on Sunday, if we can find some place to buy it close to the hotel, I may be calling the hotel and see what is close that sells wine. We drink Chablis or Chardenay.

Cher

Maybe I am missing this, but can't you just have the taxi on the way to the pier stop by the liquor store and you pick up a case or 2 of your favorate beer for 15-20 bucks a case instead of the 40??

I talked to Just because service today and wine is running about 9 to 10 dollars a bottle {California wine}and you can have a case {12} sent per cabin. Corona she said about $25.00 a 12 pack. They do not charge a delivery fee but RCCL charges $5.00 per delivery. Yes if you can make it to a liquor store before, we have a shuttle from our hotel to the port and I don't think they would stop I am going to check into what is in walking distance of the hotel, if not then $10.00 a bottle is alot cheaper then at the cheapest on board $20.00 or $4.00 or $5.00 a glass, besides we like to sit on the balcony and have a glass before dinner and then before bed sometimes. Lori at Just Because was very nice to talk to and helpful. Cher

Hi Lou....the issue being that they frown upon carry on liquor and at some piers they confiscate it. They want you to buy onboard from them. Although, they can not stop a "gift" from being delivered to your stateroom. That is how Just Because of You works....a gift to yourself!!

Good luck with whichever way you decide to get your fix!

Judi

Maybe I am missing this, but can't you just have the taxi on the way to the pier stop by the liquor store and you pick up a case or 2 of your favorate beer for 15-20 bucks a case instead of the 40??

Hi Lou....the issue being that they frown upon carry on liquor and at some piers they confiscate it. They want you to buy onboard from them. Although, they can not stop a "gift" from being delivered to your stateroom. That is how Just Because of You works....a gift to yourself!!

Good luck with whichever way you decide to get your fix!

Judi

Judi,

Thanks a ton for the advise. I think I will use them for beer and buy the wine myself.

Archived