On Board Carribean Princess

BOONITE

Thanks for the updates of your cruise, I get quite excited to read - when you post your comments. I just can't wait for my trip. I am in B616, if you get a chance take a look for me and tell me what you think or if there are any things I should be aware of.

Is there 2 different bars (dance club types)?

Is there a sailaway party and when should I head over to the seafood buffet?

As soon as I get on board should I book dinner reservations for the 2 formal nights asap?

Thanks

Please tell James Lay and Lisa hello from Muffy and Captain One Eye. They are such nice people. And hello to the guys at the Tradewinds Bar. Warren , Bonnie , Fruity and Martini. Thanks so much.

I've been looking for your LSU shirt for 3 days! Missed you at our Get-Together! Please look for Ilene in Cabin E-208!

General notes for other readers:

I don't know what they are doing with the hundreds of children on this ship. they are not running around wild, they are not bothering people, and they are not visible. It must be a very good camp program. (I am not a pool person; some of them are probably up there!). The internet cafe, library, indoor movie theater and other public rooms are not busy on sea days. It is far better than I expected!

The MUTS is nice they have the loungers roped off and they are padded and they serve popcorn and stuff while you watch your movie. this is a very nice addition to cruising.

Well gotta go !!!!!!!!!!!!!LATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check out our pic's for photo's of the MUTS night! A must sea!:D

BOONITE, I read somewhere on these threads that if you happen to "find" some room service cards on the carts for the suites (since they're right next to you) and hang them on your door, you'll be delivered the "suite" room service items. Just a thought...;) .

The morning breakfast roomservice is cereal and coffee and juice , but not your big breakfast type stuff, you must go to horizon court or other..

There are many little Bars , but Skywalkers is nightclub, explorers, Club Fusion, all have dancing.....

The sail away never ends, but buffet ( seafood should crank up around 6:00 pm and book reservations as soon as you board

MUTS is great

Robbie Printz is at Explorer ( comedian) The Piano Man is in theater-Bert Stratton is playing in Crooners , but we dont have time tonight

National Treasure is on MUTS ( We have reservations at 10:00pm)

Dont know about cards ,but sounds good

We went to MUTS last night and went to bed after midnight and Skywalkers was going strong. Ddint see other places. You can parety until you drop , ( if you would like)

Last nite we saw Piano Man , it was very good and high energy, I got tired just watching them.

Ship was rough last nite , but we had an announcement that a passenger was pretty ill and we would be in St . Thomas at 3am instead of 7am. So, he turned the throttle up and we booked it to St. thomas. Weather is great again this morning.

MUTS had a shower right before our 10 pm show ( national treasure) but they helped clean our seats and dry them and gave us dry blankets to use. Very helpful. Well wife is still sleeping and Im gonna get back . LATER

BOONITE, My sister will be taking the Caribbean Princess next March. We booked aft cabin B754. Will we get sun on our balcony? Anything you can tell me will help as I need a little fix since my cruise is 8 months away. I mean my sister and I will be taking this cruise.

Thanks for any help,

Mary Beth

What time do they normally close down - I remember last time I was on the Grand it was between 1:30-2 am. As I danced the night away, if I remember correctly I won the male dance off back in August 2003.

Damn, I was good and most importantly I had a ton of fun.

I just can't wait....only 52 days left and counting!!!

Hey Boo, my cabin in B616 will I get lots of sun? Shrtnsweet136, when are you going on the CP?

C7052 ( OUR CABIN)( is completely covered , but late in evening which ever way the sun is setting or rising you could get sun. There are loungers on top for days , have not went up top one time and not been able to find a lounger.

Now it might not be by the pool, but they are alot of them up there. We are a full ship ,but I cant tell it , We have no problem getting around.

The Piano Man is playing in the theater tonight again ,it has such a draw that they are doing it again for people who misses the 2 shows last night.Tonight they have a Tropical Deck Party, Deck 15& 16 9:15 to LATE ( THERE YOU GO

Jim) Cafe Caribe has Rijstafel "rice table" buffet TONIGHT COMEDY--- ALEXANDER AT 8:30 7:00&9:15pm, Skywalkers is from 10:00 until, Club Fusion has 80's night , teens deck pARTY AT 10:30 DECK 17.

we sailed into St thomas today , we went straight to St .John ( by Ferry) we went to Trunk Bay and snorkeled until after lunch . We showered and went back to St. Thomas and window shopped until 4:00. We Came back and went to Caribe Cafe and got a bite to eat , we will probably just hang out on our balcony tonight. Wife just came down and she just won 114.00 on the dollar slots.But she says to tell you it is very smoky in there

Our Passenger that got ill last night is improving and is in St. Thomas ( will miss the rest of the cruise).

The hypnotist's show was probably the funniest show we have ever seen on a cruise ship. His "subjects" were terrific.

Bert Stratton is fantastic--- a Jim Carey lookalike ---- his singalong is so much fun.

Woke up at 5:00 a.m. to a very bad smell of smoke. I was convinced that there was an electrical fire somewhere near our cabin. At 5:15 they made an announcement over the loudspeaker that the fire was on the island and that the ship's A/C was sucking it in. So we went back to sleep!

Still don't see all the children. They are keeping them very busy so that they are not annoying.

Boonite,

I have been reading your responses this week, but this morning I went back and was re-reading a few of them. I hadn't paid any attention to where you were from until I saw you used the word "fixing." :D I looked a littler closer, and lo and behold, you're from Boone! I have only been up there a couple of times since I graduated from ASU. But I miss the beautiful weather and the scenery!

I just wanted to let you know that you made my day by allowing me to reminisce about the "good ol days." When you get home, take a drive on the Parkway for me!

Amanda

boonite - I can't believe James is still there. He was the CD last September as well. I thought they changed ships at least once a year. Do you know if Paul the Assistant CD is still on the ship? If so tell him Joe (If he can't remember me, just tell him I was on the cruise with Adrienne in September. I know he remembers her) says Hi. If he is there, ask if he will be there in September because we will be back on the ship again. Thanks.

Boonite - I hope you are having a wonderful time! Thanks for the updates. Can you answer the following questions. 1) Do you know of any exercise classes that are offered on the ship i.e. aerobics, yoga, pilates, etc. and 2) my husband wanted to know how much the cartons of cigarettes are on the ship - thanks for your input.

Boonite,

I have been reading your responses this week, but this morning I went back and was re-reading a few of them. I hadn't paid any attention to where you were from until I saw you used the word "fixing." :D I looked a littler closer, and lo and behold, you're from Boone! I have only been up there a couple of times since I graduated from ASU. But I miss the beautiful weather and the scenery!

I just wanted to let you know that you made my day by allowing me to reminisce about the "good ol days." When you get home, take a drive on the Parkway for me!

Amanda

In the deep south it is pronounced "fixin"...as I am "fixin" to go to the pool...my husband is from NY and loves that southern belle drawl.

I'm familiar with the deep south's version of "fixin!" :D Of course, that term can be used 2 different ways...as in "I'm getting ready to" or all the items that are served with Fried Chicken (you know...fried chicken and all the fixins).

Although I was born and raised in the south, I have yet to use the word in the first sense of the term. Of course, I would say, "I'm gittin' ready to eat some fried chicken and all the fixins" instead of "I'm fixin to eat some fried chicken and all the fixins."

Yum...this is making me think of Daniel Boone Inn and the wonderful aroma that would make its way up to the dorm windows. :D Maybe I need to make a trip up the mountain this weekend!

Hey Joe,

Are you going on the Sept 17 cruise with Rich and Fran? Paul was a great guy-I hope he makes it to the head spot on one of his cruises.I haven't been on the 9/17 roll call much. I did see that James started dancing very early-his mother is/was a professional dance instructor! Have a good time! I've been enjoying these CB threads just so I can relive our cruise of last Sept. We don't go until Oct. 23, on the Star.

Lynne

Archived