Eastern port substitutions in rough waters

Is there common substitute ports that Liberty usually will go to if there are rough waters around Grand Turk, St. Thomas, San Juan and Half Moon Cay if we cannot get into dock or tender that day? I mean what would be close as a substitute if something like this happens. I don't mean full blown tropical storms where we will cruise way out of the way. Maybe this is too broad of a question to answer but where else did they take you in this situation. I want look at other stops for things to do in case this happens. We leave next Saturday. Thank you.

08EasternCaribbeanCruise.jpg

We missed the Grand Turks and Dominica last year. Once for high winds and the other for medical evac. Both times we were just given a sea day. It was not made up by stopping at another port. When we did miss Dominica though we pulled into Curacao early the next day.

We missed the Grand Turks and Dominica last year. Once for high winds and the other for medical evac. Both times we were just given a sea day. It was not made up by stopping at another port. When we did miss Dominica though we pulled into Curacao early the next day.

Sea days are always nice:p too.

I just read a Dream or Liberty review where they missed HMC because of Hurricane Sandy and ended up in Nassau:( Hoping you don't miss any of your AWESOME ports:D

He, heeeee... felt guilty asking cause I didn't want to jinx anything:eek:.

Archived