Summer cruises=tons of kids=lots of trouble

#1TravelMom

Each generation of children seems to lack more and more social skills and manners. Where were the parents indeed. I have a 10 year old son and if he behaved this way and I caught him, they'd be calling security on me rather than him. Usually kids that show no consideration have parents that show no consideration (or they are with other kids and have developed that warped "pack" mentality). I say we start tasing them. :D I kid!

I agree with you. These kids did not just start cutting up when they got on the ship. For the most part, parents know their kids but are too caught up in their own fun to chastise their children. This is one reason why the take cruises over land vacation, they have to be less hands on.

I cruise Carnival but never had a problem.

Unfortunately this kind of behavior isn't limited to Cruise ships. We were recently on a flight from New York to Tampa. After boarding, two (we thought) young children were screaming and crying (at the top of their lungs)for their mother to take them off them plane and get another flight as this one was going to crash.She kept telling them over and over that that wasn't possible and please stop (Which it didn't) When I finally turned around these kids were at least 12 years old. Then further into the flight there was man and his young )about five year old daughter sitting in front of us. (Turns out they were also with the lady and two sons)-She took her doll and slammed it into her fathers chest and said Here hold this until I want her back-which he did.When we finally landed in Tampa all of the little brats were inquiring about how much longer until they could get on the cruise ship- This was the only time in my life I was SO GLAD not to be getting on a cruise ship

Archived