Restaurant Recommendations on St Croix

MapleleafBC

• 4 months later...

I spent 4 nights in St. Croix in May and did not have a bad meal. We stayed in the Harbor Area in "downtown" Christiansted since the only thing we did was scuba dive. The Fort Christian Brew Pub is the only place on the island to get draft beer. It was all the beer you could drink on Mondays if you ordered a steak. There is live music at night. If Gary is playing, you should check him out. He was our wonderful Irish scuba instructor and he is great muscian. The food was great and so was the atmosphere, on the boardwalk, watching the ships roll in. The King street area has a lot cute places. The grouper at Pleasants was wonderful and the burgers are enormous. We liked Rum Runners as well. The food was more upscale and the chef will come out and chat. Breakfast at Paradise cafe is nice too -- very local, homemade breads. I wish that we had time to explore more of St. Croix on land and we definitely plan to go back.

I only had one day there on my cruise but my husband and I chose to scuba with Cane Bay. Looking down over the edge of the shelf and seeing clear blue water for as far as you can see (Where is the bottom anyway? <grin>) Is really neat! Going back at the end of Feb.

Please post a trip report after your stay.

Thanks,

Land locked in Tennessee

• 3 weeks later...

So many great places to eat on St. Croix, here is short list:

Tutto Bene

Off the Wall (very casual, beach bar type atmosphere)

Fort Christian Brew Pub

Bacchus (last I noticed it was for sale but I think its still operating...)

Breezez

Rum Runners (great happy hour)

--Islander

http://www.*****

• 9 months later...
I am spending 6 days on St Croix in late November/early December. Staying at Villa Greenleaf. Any recommendations on restaurants/bars....single male - 50 yrs old.:)

There are lots of great places to eat on St. Croix. If you like lobster, then Duggan's Reef is the place you want to go (on the east end of the island). Right on the water, and the lobster is fresh caught same day. In downtown Christianstad, Savant is the local "hot spot" and should not be missed. For an elegant dining experience with one of the best views you will ever see, the Terrace at the Buccaneer Resort is great. In fact, the Terrace might be the best restaurant on the island. There are many other great choices, but these three are special, imho.

Steve

I just noticed the OP wrote over a year ago, but I'd already written all this, so I'm just going to post it anyway. Maybe someone will find it useful. :D

Hey Islander - Off the Wall is closed, according to information on another board... A great loss, in terms of "a place with character" certainly. My understanding is just about everyone who worked there now works at the bar just across the street from Cane Bay (can't recall the name, but great burgers there).

That said, there are many good places to eat. Shenanigans in the mall area in downtown Christiansted is a great place for very cheap breakfast or lunch. The people there are very nice, and helpful if you're seeking help with directions, ideas for things to do, etc. Golden Rail about a 5 minute walk east of downtown near Green Cay is also good for breakfast - right on the water - a little difficult to find, but just ask someone. Recommend dinners at Bombay Club and Luncheria, both also in C'sted. Sunday brunch at Blue Moon in Fredericksted was very good - though it's been several years since I was there. Had good music too.

Since you're spending some real time there, you might want to read this review I wrote several years ago. No doubt some of it will be dated, but it's very detailed, and we covered a lot of ground on this first trip there (been back 3 times since), so could be useful for you. Here's a link: http://caribtravelnews.com/c0700_03.htm#stcpeg.

• 2 months later...
So many great places to eat on St. Croix, here is short list:

Rum Runners (great happy hour)--Islander

http://www.*****

Rum Runners is always a good place to be. Lance, the chef there, had a very nice large write-up in a couple of Caribbean papers a year or so ago. Really, you'll find EVERYONE so nice and helpful at Rum Runners! :)

Archived