Recent Brilliance Med Cruisers Please Help

My husband and I will be on the 12-night Brilliance Greek Islands cruise in October. I was wondering what most people wear on the casual evenings for dinner? On formal nights, my husband will either wear a tux or a dark suit and I have evening gowns or cocktail dresses. We plan on adhering to the suggested attire for the evening, but I have heard that the Mediterranean cruises are more formal than the Caribbean. On casual nights in the Caribbean, my husband normally wears Dockers with either a polo or button-down shirt and I wear a sundress or pantsuit. Are these suitable for the Med? We have second seating if that makes a difference.

This is exactly the type of clothing DH and I wore on the Splendour Med cruise a few years ago. I wore upscale restaurant (not jacket and tie level) clothes every night except formal night: dressy pants outfits, etc. That way I was slightly dressier than some folks on casual nights, and just fine on Smart Casual.

DH would sometimes wear his jacket with a silk tee on Smart Casual. I noticed a lot of men did this.

Yes, folks do tend to dress up a smidge more in Europe, but not by that much. What you've described sounds fine to me.

We didn't dress any differently for dinner then we had in the Caribbean, Alaska, or Mexico. I did notice more tuxes on formal nights and European wear more suits in general, but all of our table mates (along with at least 50% of the passengers) were American and we were all pretty casual in slacks, decent tops, etc. on casual nights.

Archived