fun place to stay in Galveston

Bubba Gumps is on the Pleasure Pier (on the seawall). I believe the closest hotel to this is the Four Points by Sheraton. I have no experience with it so I'd check reviews on travel sites.

If you have a car, any hotel on Seawall would probably be fine. Seawall is pretty easy to drive up and down and I've never felt uncomfortable walking long distances on it.

Bubba Gumps is on the Pleasure Pier (on the seawall). I believe the closest hotel to this is the Four Points by Sheraton. I have no experience with it so I'd check reviews on travel sites.

If you have a car, any hotel on Seawall would probably be fine. Seawall is pretty easy to drive up and down and I've never felt uncomfortable walking long distances on it.

I stayed at the four points back in march and was very happy with it. It was a bit pricey but it seemed everything in Galveston was a bit high. It Is right across the street from the pleasure pier and close to plenty of places to eat. There is plenty to do within walking distance of this hotel. The next time I cruise from Galveston I will probably stay there again. No complaints at all.

Both hotels are good .

And both provide a area for a fun time in Galveston.

Arrive early and do both areas for more fun.

There are many tourist attractions in Galveston

beside the 32 miles of beach.

Thank you so much! I am so confused on transportation and where to stay as we always leave from Florida. This port is crazy to get to. I really appreciate all your information. I booked the Four Point. Now to figure out transportation.

Thank you so much! I am so confused on transportation and where to stay as we always leave from Florida. This port is crazy to get to. I really appreciate all your information. I booked the Four Point. Now to figure out transportation.

I totally feel your pain! I felt the same way when I was planning my cruise from Galveston. I flew into Houston Hobby which is much closer than bush. After doing tons of research I booked a town car from Extreme elegance for transportation from the airport to the four points in Galveston. Anyways to make a long story short, they never showed and I was forced to find alternate transportation on the spot. I ended up getting a taxi for pretty much the same price as I was supposed to pay EE (I didn't prepay). I was very happy with the taxi service and the next time I cruise out of Galveston I will not bother with the pre arranged stuff. Just grab bags and head out the door and find the taxi stand. very simple. Not sure why it isn't recommended more often. After the cruise I took the cruise line transportation back to hobby. Very quick and efficient.

Check out the Country Inn & Suites on the Seawall about 2 blocks from the Pleasure Pier. They have a new Mercedes Van that will pick you up at the airport: Hobby--$85 for 2 adults and $10 extra person; Bush Intl--$125 for 2 adults and $15 extra person. Call them at 409-763-5000.

Check out the Country Inn & Suites on the Seawall about 2 blocks from the Pleasure Pier. They have a new Mercedes Van that will pick you up at the airport: Hobby--$85 for 2 adults and $10 extra person; Bush Intl--$125 for 2 adults and $15 extra person. Call them at 409-763-5000.

I checked this hotel for our date and a one night AAA/AARP rate was $170.00. Adding $85.00 from Hobby (total $255.00) would make it very expensive for a one night stay, IMO.

We'll still stay at the Hampton Inn Airport ($104.25) at Houston Hobby and take the cruise line transfer from the airport the next day ($70.00 for two). This is still more than I'd like to pay, but we do what we have to in order to cruise :D!

Archived