Platinum Perks on B2B2B

Katie H

We are considering booking a B2B2B which is also offered as a 26 day cruise. There is a small savings in the cruise fare if it is booked as one cruise rather than three and also can be held with one deposit. We are platinum and are wondering if we book as one cruise will we only get one set of goodies (wine, dinners at LeBistro, laundry etc.) or will we get one set per cruise. We are thinking that the crew will not know how we booked it and will treat each leg as a separate cruise and deliver our goodies to us three times. Has anyone had experience with booking a B2B or B2B2b as one cruise? If so, did you get your perks on each leg? Thanks for any info anyone can provide.

We are considering booking a B2B2B which is also offered as a 26 day cruise. There is a small savings in the cruise fare if it is booked as one cruise rather than three and also can be held with one deposit. We are platinum and are wondering if we book as one cruise will we only get one set of goodies (wine, dinners at LeBistro, laundry etc.) or will we get one set per cruise. We are thinking that the crew will not know how we booked it and will treat each leg as a separate cruise and deliver our goodies to us three times. Has anyone had experience with booking a B2B or B2B2b as one cruise? If so, did you get your perks on each leg? Thanks for any info anyone can provide.

I'll be interested in the replies since DH and I are both Platinum and are booked on a b2b that we booked as a single long cruise.

It is my understanding from other posts here in the past that we should get a set of vouchers at the beginning of each cruise. But I'm not sure the answer was from those who've booked the b2b as a single cruise.

We are thinking that the crew will not know how we booked it and will treat each leg as a separate cruise and deliver our goodies to us three times.

Not sure about the specifics about other points, but when you book the cruise as one long trip, the crew will know as your disembarkation date is shown in the computer system - during the embarkation you'll get keycard with the final disembarkation date printed on it so there is no new keycard after each leg. How that affects their passenger manifests and the handling of perks envelopes delivered by the Cruise Consultant, I don't know.

Yes You do get your perks for each leg. Enjoy!

The PCC on board will have the manifest and will have you on as 3 separate sailings and you'd have to renew your card after each completion. You would have to decide if the savings on booking ONE 26 day sailing is worth given up 2 sailings worth of perks. Usually it is not and I would go for the perks for each leg.

We booked our B2B western caribbean / repo as 2 cruises to get 2 sets of perks and did get them. Our N.C.L. PCC said if we booked as the 19 day as offered only one set would be available . We did change cabins too.

I have done several B2B booked as one and got the extra perks by going to see the Cruise Consultant. Their list only includes those who booked separately which they use for second embarkation day perks. I don't know if they were supposed to give me the perks but I got them.

In May, we booked a 14 day Jade cruise which was a BtoB as the 1st week was the Greek Islands and the 2nd week was Croatia and Turkey. We thought we'd get the Platinum perks just once, but received them on each cruise.

Thanks for the replies. It sounds like although technically it is one cruise entitling us to one set of perks, that once on board we can see the cruise consultant and get our perks if they do not arrive automatically. I don't think the crew really keep up with who is B2B. When we buy booze on the first leg of a B2B, it is always delivered to our cabin on the last night of the first leg. Nobody checks the list to see if we are staying.

When B2B is booked as two cruises, the on board account is cleared out at the end of the first leg and a new account started for the second leg. I assume that is also the case when it is booked as one cruise as well. Anyone who has booked B2B as one cruise have info on that? I think they really need to zero the books at the end of a cruise just as they have to zero the passenger count computer by having B2Bers "punch out".

When B2B is booked as two cruises, the on board account is cleared out at the end of the first leg and a new account started for the second leg. I assume that is also the case when it is booked as one cruise as well. Anyone who has booked B2B as one cruise have info on that? I think they really need to zero the books at the end of a cruise just as they have to zero the passenger count computer by having B2Bers "punch out".

Nope. As I said in earlier reply, when the cruise is booked as one, you check in only once and get the keycard for the whole duration of the cruise. The same applies to the onboard account etc.

There is no reason to zero the books, for example Epic is currently doing continuous three-embarkation-port-cruise in the Western Med, there are always people from other ports staying onboard when the ones having already sailed a full week disembark.

And yes, our Caribbean cruises in 2009 and 2011 were booked as 14-night ones so I have experienced this first hand. :)

Very interesting. Did you have to get off and go through customs at the end of the first leg? We have done several B2B on several lines, but never booked as one cruise. In each case, every passenger had to be off the ship before they could start the boarding process for the new leg. But I would think that would not be necessary on the 3 embarkation port cruise you mentioned. Maybe that only has to be done in US ports?

From other replies I am thinking that regardless of the rules, if we go to the cruise consultant at the beginning of each cruise and ask for our stuff, we will get it.

The actual savings for booking it as one cruise is small, but only having to put down one down payment keeps a lot less of our cash tied up a year out.

Very interesting. Did you have to get off and go through customs at the end of the first leg? We have done several B2B on several lines, but never booked as one cruise. In each case, every passenger had to be off the ship before they could start the boarding process for the new leg. But I would think that would not be necessary on the 3 embarkation port cruise you mentioned. Maybe that only has to be done in US ports?

Yes, we had to leave the ship - on both occasions we went to sightseeing and shopping to Miami/Miami Beach already earlier when others were disembarking, but on the first trip when my parents were with us, they stayed onboard and had to do the about half hour trip to the terminal and then back to the ship.

It is US regulation that the ship must be empty of passengers in order it to be cleared for embarkation but it has nothing to do with onboard accounts - ours was active for the whole 14 nights without any interruptions or charges in the middle. :)

We did a B2B on the Dawn last December. Each half was booked separately. In fact the second week was actually free from a NCL contest on FB so we only paid port taxes, fees and the difference to upgrade to the same suite we were in the first week from the balcony that DH won.

We got platinum perks for each week and our onboard account and OBC was continued straight thru from the first week to the second. Credit card was not charged until the end of the second week.

From other replies I am thinking that regardless of the rules, if we go to the cruise consultant at the beginning of each cruise and ask for our stuff, we will get it.

The actual savings for booking it as one cruise is small, but only having to put down one down payment keeps a lot less of our cash tied up a year out.

Did a b2b on the Jade that was booked as a 14 day and upon our return to Venice we were not required to leave the ship. Also, received perks the second week without asking.

Archived