Passion Island / Isla Pasion - On our own or through Carnival?

heathercruisin

Going in September, 81 year old dad, 7 yo dd, and me and hubby. I'm looking at going to Passion Island. Dad wants a beach with lunch, I want unlimited alcoholic drinks, daughter wants water toys/inflatables, and it would be nice to try snorkeling for once (but I don't know if I can do that there or not).

The prices are close - on our own through Isla de Pasion, or through Carnival. Through Isla de Pasion, it's $65/adult, $40/kids. Carnival is $70/adult, 55/kid. Isla says to includes roundtrip transportation.

Are there any differences in what you get? Both sound like you get unlimited bar drinks, open buffet, water toys... Is it just the piece of mind that you won't get left behind if you stick with the cruise ship? Are there any extras with Carnival?

I'm planning on doing this with the Twister excursion through Carnival when I cruise Oct 17th. From what I've read on the boards it looks like Carnival passengers can only do it through the cruise line. I'll be interested in the responses you get. I really do not like doing excursions through the cruise lines.

It is difficult to find an independent tour there now. The ones that do include a bus ride to the east end , and then a short boat ride. The Carnival tour has a 40 minute boat ride each way, which we prefer. Otherwise, the rest would be the same.If the boat ride is not a big deal to you, do like we did in April and book Mr Sanchos all inclusive on line for $45 PP..It was really nice.

Edited by CENTEX CRUISER

I don't think they will let you book independent anymore when Carnival is docked. I talked to Leo who works for the tour company and told me that no outside vendors were allowed in anymore when Carnival is in town . At least that's what he told me as we had booked a jeep tour there with him the first time we went and i said something like can we do the jeeps And he said no not anymore

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

One thing I wonder is if you get off your ship, find an independent tour to Pasion, how would they know you are on a Carnival ship ? What if you said I just flew in. I really do not think they would question you, and would be happy to take your money. When we are in Cozumel in Oct I am going to check this out and ask a tour operator straight out.

I don't think they will let you book independent anymore when Carnival is docked. I talked to Leo who works for the tour company and told me that no outside vendors were allowed in anymore when Carnival is in town . At least that's what he told me as we had booked a jeep tour there with him the first time we went and i said something like can we do the jeeps And he said no not anymore

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I was just in Cozumel 2 months ago and there was plenty of excursion venders outside the pier area.

One thing I wonder is if you get off your ship, find an independent tour to Pasion, how would they know you are on a Carnival ship ? What if you said I just flew in. I really do not think they would question you, and would be happy to take your money. When we are in Cozumel in Oct I am going to check this out and ask a tour operator straight out.

Because they are picking you up at the cruise port maybe?:D;);)

Edited by caribbean dreams

• 5 months later...