Free drinks

hockeypapa

WITH BEING A GOLD CLUB MEMBER I SEE WERE ALLOWED ONE FREE DRINK:eek: MY PROBLEM IS ITS ONLY GOOD IN THE MDR FOR BREAKFAST OR LUNCH:confused: IF YOUR GOING TO OFFER A FREE DRINK I SAY IT SHOULD BE GOOD ANYWHERE ON THE SHIP ANYTIME:p WHO AGREES WITH ME:confused: A FREE DRINK IS A FREE DRINK REGUARDLESS OF WHERE YOUR GOING TO DRINK IT!!!

For some reason I read your posts in Randy "Macho Man" Savage's voice. :p

I just wish they made it as a virgin drink! They advertise that they can be done virgin, but the bartender wouldn't recommend it.

Without the alcohol in it, it's just ice cream mix with chocolate syrup swirled inside the glass. The alcohol is Irish Cream, butterscotch schnapps, dark rum, and Kahlua. All the flavor comes from the booze.;)

We got two beers... and asked that they do not open them.

They went into the ice bucket in our room and they were saved for later.

I wonder what my kids get, since they will be Platinum on our next cruise!

Catrin

We used those "free" drinks on our lasted cruise. We normally don't drink that early either. But it is a CRUISE! We do that on a sea day. Plus we really don't mind eating in the MDR. It's a nice change of pace. Beside anytime I can be served to me is great.

Go into the MDR for either breakfast or lunch on a sea day. Order your drink without ice. Take it back to your room. When you are ready for it, add ice from your ice bucket or go to a bar and ask for ice. Then you have your drink when you want it. Problem solved.

That's what we do because breakfast or lunch is generally too early to start drinking.

I've seen people who come into the MDR, order drinks and wait at an empty table until the drinks are delivered and then leave, never eating or being served anything to eat.

You don't even have to sit down. You can stand by the door and ask them to send a server up to you. Where's the problem?

Must be "Carnival Jock Sniffer" night. I like to cruise and mostly with Carnival and i like Carnival. However, I do see the OP's point. It is a "reward" they hope you don't use so they place restrictions on it thereby saving them money. That comes off as cheap. It's not a "gift". If it was you'd be able to exchange it ;).

I don't mind the fact that it has to be used in the MDR, I just wish you could use it at dinner, I like having a drink in the evening, breakfast or lunchtime is a little early for me personally.

Go into the MDR for either breakfast or lunch on a sea day. Order your drink without ice. Take it back to your room. When you are ready for it, add ice from your ice bucket or go to a bar and ask for ice. Then you have your drink when you want it. Problem solved.

That's what we do because breakfast or lunch is generally too early to start drinking.

I've seen people who come into the MDR, order drinks and wait at an empty table until the drinks are delivered and then leave, never eating or being served anything to eat.

I like drinks like Miami Vice or Mudslides, piña coladas etc, so doing that would not do me any good :(

I just wish they made it as a virgin drink! They advertise that they can be done virgin, but the bartender wouldn't recommend it.

The bartender may not have wanted to rip you off and offer you a milkshake :)

I don't have a problem redeeming mine because I usually do the punchliner brunch at least once. I usually get a free mimosa!! :D

However there are some cruises that only have one sea day and no punch liner brunch. Limits the choices even more.

I went on Ask John to suggest to the beards that they extend the use.

[quote name='ccruisequeen']However there are some cruises that only have one sea day and no punch liner brunch. Limits the choices even more.

I went on Ask John to suggest to the beards that they extend the use.[/quote]

Still valid every day at breakfast, including debarkation day. :)

Archived