First time cruiser - Epic or Star

fritzov

I been wanting to cruise for quite some time and this summer I will only have 2 weeks of work. I am debating to either book a 9 day Baltic cruise with the Norwegian star or a Mediterranean with the Norwegian Epic.

As a first time cruiser and traveling solo which of these cruises do you think will fit me the best?. Main reason choosing the Star would be not having to fly to Barcelona which seems expensive during the summer, but booking the cruise is 1200 dollars compare to around 750 for the epic.

Thank you for your answer.

Would you say it's easier to dine alone on the epic than on other ships?

It's easy to dine alone on any of the ships BUT if you are looking for company for dinner you would never have to eat alone if you attend the daily solo gatherings in the Studio Lounge.

Between those two ships I'd pick the Epic. They cater to solo travelers and have wonderful entertainment options daily.

Thank you for your answer.

Would you say it's easier to dine alone on the epic than on other ships?

As others have said you can often find people to go to dinner with but equally I've ate at many venues onboard Epic by myself.

The studio lounge is also a great place for a quiet breakfast.

Epic picks up at Barcelona, Rome and even Marseille although the main ones are Barcelona and Rome.

I been wanting to cruise for quite some time and this summer I will only have 2 weeks of work. I am debating to either book a 9 day Baltic cruise with the Norwegian star or a Mediterranean with the Norwegian Epic.

As a first time cruiser and traveling solo which of these cruises do you think will fit me the best?. Main reason choosing the Star would be not having to fly to Barcelona which seems expensive during the summer, but booking the cruise is 1200 dollars compare to around 750 for the epic.

Vi har inte åkt med Norwegian Star men med hennes systerfartyg Norwegian Dawn. Våra senaste två kryssningar har varit med Norwegian Epic.

Norwegian Star passar nog bäst för en första kryssning men eftersom du ska åka själv säger jag nog ändå Epic.

^^^^ yeah, what he said. :) which is:

"We have not gone with Norwegian Star but with her ​​sister ship Norwegian Dawn. Our last two cruises have been on Norwegian Epic.

Norwegian Star is probably best for a first cruise, but because you want to go yourself, I say enough anyway Epic."

^^^^ yeah, what he said. :) which is:

"We have not gone with Norwegian Star but with her ​​sister ship Norwegian Dawn. Our last two cruises have been on Norwegian Epic.

Norwegian Star is probably best for a first cruise, but because you want to go yourself, I say enough anyway Epic."

You have used a program to translate my post, right? The translation is very close to what I wrote but not exact!

You have used a program to translate my post, right? The translation is very close to what I wrote but not exact!

Even though I can understand what you wrote even with my poor Swedish skills, just a heads up (from the Community Guidelines):

All we ask is that if you POST in your native language, that you simultaneously post your questions/comments in English in the same post. These are moderated message boards, and posts are read by volunteer moderators. They must be able to understand your posting to allow it to remain.

Even though I can understand what you wrote even with my poor Swedish skills, just a heads up (from the Community Guidelines):

All we ask is that if you POST in your native language, that you simultaneously post your questions/comments in English in the same post. These are moderated message boards, and posts are read by volunteer moderators. They must be able to understand your posting to allow it to remain.

Thank you. I haven't seen that.

Which itinerary would suit you best? Would you prefer the Baltics or Italy/France?

The Baltics is 9 days and the Epic only seven. By the time you factor in the flight as opposed to the short commute to the Star it may work out about the same.

Having said that, if the ship is your destination, go for the Epic, there is so much to do and the solo lounge would be a plus.

Happy planning:)

Which itinerary would suit you best? Would you prefer the Baltics or Italy/France?

The Baltics is 9 days and the Epic only seven. By the time you factor in the flight as opposed to the short commute to the Star it may work out about the same.

Having said that, if the ship is your destination, go for the Epic, there is so much to do and the solo lounge would be a plus.

Happy planning:)

Going on The NCL Star was a try to keep my budget down a bit but if i fly into Rome instead of Barcelona the flight plus cruise actually is cheaper than the Baltic cruise itself.

Now i just have to see if there is a studio cabin available for the only date i can sail this summer (from Rome that is), the 17th of July.

Going on The NCL Star was a try to keep my budget down a bit but if i fly into Rome instead of Barcelona the flight plus cruise actually is cheaper than the Baltic cruise itself.

Keep in mind that getting to the port from airport is quite expensive in Italy because of the distance, it adds quite a difference to the flight price unless you're able to find a reasonably priced shared solution.

It seems to be sold out on the Epic from Rome on July the 17th.

Is the any chance unsold/canceled studio rooms will appear at some point?

I'd say that it's highly unlikely at this point (so close to the cruise). Our cruise from Venice on 19th has been selling out on most categories during the last week as people are making last minute plans and since there are no higher categories to upsell to, I doubt that there will be any lower categories vacating. In your case there is only a group of studio cabins that are allocated for Rome embarkation so that narrows things down even more and solo passengers are not the prime candidates for upsells.

Archived