Thomson - Phone call to say tickets in

its border security.........you have to submit api every time you travel into a country that is signed up to apis...airlines/ships are required to submit passenger manifests & api for every person entering that country.....airlines dont hold this information for you....you have submit it each time (if that country requires it) the airline will then submit it to the relevant border agency concerned

sometimes your ta will fill in api for you, personally I would much rather do it myself because if the information is wrong or if it is not done and you are going to a country that requires api you will be unable to travel

cruise ships are also required to supply this data for any country they visit that requires it

if you are travelling to the us (and you are not a us or candian citizen) you will be required to submit even further information and this will be scrutinised before you even arrive, us border security have an automated targeting system for every person that crosses its borders....they hold a large volume of information on you, points are awarded to see if you fit into any 'risk' groups other passenger information is submitted from the airline such as where you were sitting on the aircraft and what you ordered for a meal!?

We flew with Thomson Jetairfly and I did API online although booked with independent T.A. so Thomsons booking ref. no. must have worked.

just logged onto my cruise info on Thomsons and they gave me a different reference/code and a link to the website - filling it in now

Not just for airlines, also for cruises from Britain :)

Nope only fly cruises I had this confirmed in writing from Thomson just the other day after I queried it with them. Its only if your flying with an airline not sure why as every other cruiseline ask for it :confused:

Nope only fly cruises I had this confirmed in writing from Thomson just the other day after I queried it with them. Its only if your flying with an airline not sure why as every other cruiseline ask for it :confused:

Interesting.

We are on a repositioning cruise later this year which only involves flying back to the UK.

I enquired of our local Thomson shop if API was required for the one way flight home - was advised that it was only needed for flights ex UK.

However when I logged on to the Thomson API webpage it allowed me to enter our details using my booking reference and date of return.

I'll need to investigate this apparent conflict.

Interesting.

We are on a repositioning cruise later this year which only involves flying back to the UK.

I enquired of our local Thomson shop if API was required for the one way flight home - was advised that it was only needed for flights ex UK.

However when I logged on to the Thomson API webpage it allowed me to enter our details using my booking reference and date of return.

I'll need to investigate this apparent conflict.

I cruised from the UK with Fred O and had to submit API online.

I cruised from the UK with Fred O and had to submit API online.

Was that a cruise only, or was there a return flight to the UK ?

As Thomsons webpage is accepting our API I have to assume that there is a requirement to submit it.

I've emailed the shop explaining the confusion, awaiting their response.

Was that a cruise only, or was there a return flight to the UK ?

As Thomsons webpage is accepting our API I have to assume that there is a requirement to submit it.

I've emailed the shop explaining the confusion, awaiting their response.

This was a cruise only from / to Greenock. I was surprised as I thought API was only required when there was a flight element.

Fred seemed so much more organised than Thomson. Cabin number, luggage labels and boarding instructions and dining time sent out 3 weeks before cruise.

On my previous cruise with Thomson which was booked at a Thomson shop I received my tickets with all cruise details but no flight times. TA had to email and have tickets amended so only got replacement days before departure.

Thomson need to get their act together.

This was a cruise only from / to Greenock. I was surprised as I thought API was only required when there was a flight element.

Fred seemed so much more organised than Thomson. Cabin number, luggage labels and boarding instructions and dining time sent out 3 weeks before cruise.

On my previous cruise with Thomson which was booked at a Thomson shop I received my tickets with all cruise details but no flight times. TA had to email and have tickets amended so only got replacement days before departure.

Thomson need to get their act together.

Fred have always asked for this from what I can remember even before it was requirement for flying as I am sure even on my first cruise with them several years ago it had to be provided reason I remember is TA did it for us and good job i checked it out as she had inputted passport numbers the wrong way about :eek:

Archived