3 Night Sensation Review with Pictures - June 27-30, 2013

slord12

I woke up super early to watch us leave Nassau at 6am. By the way, Jon LOVED that we stayed "parked" overnight. He gets extremely seasick as you may have read about in my FOS review. This time he said he didn't even know there was a boat! He wore a patch and seabands this time since no acupuncture was offered in the spa on the Sensation.

Anyway, the girls got up fairly early and even one of the boys made it in time to have breakfast with us in the MDR. I got the exact same breakfast as yesterday, way to be adventurous!

After breakfast we hit the pool deck and spent most of the morning and early afternoon in the sun and playing on the slides!

All the boys made it up by lunchtime and we all wanted to try Mongolian Wok. The line wasn't too long today surprisingly so we got through in about 10 minutes. I really enjoyed it, I had noodles with I think every vegetable offered, haha! I ended up adding steak and chicken with the spicy szechuan sauce. It was the spiciest they offered, but I didn't find it uncomfortable, just very good!

We stayed outside for a little while longer before heading in for the love and marriage show that afternoon! We all had a drink and enjoyed the show!

At 5:00 me, Jon, and Emily all had spa appointments! Emily and I did the special that included hot stone massage, facial, and a few other things! Jon had the 50 minute deep tissue. We were all satisfied with our treatments and no pushy sales pitch!

We decided to get cleaned up for dinner that night so I headed back up to the spa with all of my equipment in tow! Jon and I met up at Michelangelos and listened to the band and had some drinks for a while before dinner. We just loved them, and the bartender there! Finally, it was time for our last dinner. Tonight I had the crabcake, salad, and veal parm! Jon had the crabcake, study in sushi, and the mahi for dinner! He may have also added a meatloaf. I love meatloaf, but not Carnivals, just not good to me! For dessert we each had one last WCMC and split a baked alaska. I was debating between the 2, so my sweet waiters brought me both!

We watched the last show, Far From Over, and I enjoyed this one too! This ship had some great entertainers. Poor Emily wound up getting very sick on our last night from some sort of stomach bug (not NORO!!) and went back to the room. The rest of us went back to Michelangelos for more live music and drinks before the last comedy shows of the cruise! We wound up the evening hanging out up on the lido deck enjoying drinks and cigars.

943324_10101087754288811_592243926_n.jpg

1235099_10101087754563261_2076320991_n.jpg

542241_10101087754433521_1098852459_n.jpg

We all went to bed pretty late! Emily was finally able to take some meds that knocked her out so she got a little rest.

Edited by slord12

Wee Jimmy announced on the intercom that it was time to get up! He softly said "Good morning ladies and gentlemen time to wake up". They claimed they were the most efficient in fleet for disembarking, and I believe it. It was SO organized! We self disembark on every cruise, and were on the road by 7:30! I doubt that I'll ever drive down the night before, it was just too easy to get up early, drive, and park at the terminal.

I will absolutely sail Sensation again if I get the chance!!

Overall:

Best service I've had on any cruise. Period.

Dated decor, but so clean and easy to navigate!

Great entertainment from the live bands, piano bar, singers, and dancers!!

No issues with the food, everything I had, I enjoyed!

Drinks were pushed hard on this cruise, but I didn't see anyone get out of control or obnoxious.

Spa services were very nice, and I enjoyed using the locker rooms as my personal dressing room haha!

I can't wait to try other ships in this class! To anyone who's cruising the Sensation, have a great time!

Here are a few more pictures from our 3 day getaway!

942777_10101087751953491_1015241904_n.jpg

1235013_10101087753964461_5816135_n.jpg

1229915_10101087754039311_79042543_n.jpg

1235129_10101087753565261_2010730840_n.jpg

7837_10101087750880641_1316352929_n.jpg

And since the cruise is over, here's that pouty face one more time!!

539723_10101087751728941_1377772228_n.jpg

slord12, thanks so much for the review and pics, I really enjoyed both!! :D I'm sailing on a 3 Day (part of a B2B2B) on Imagination so it's great to get an idea of what such a short cruise is like (the shortest one I've ever done was 4 Days). I hope mine is as party oriented as yours was!! Two questions, do you happen to remember if they had a White Party (if you wear white, you get $1 off drinks all night) and/or a Deck Party? If so, which nights(s) were they? I know Imagination and Sensation may be different but I'd just like to get an idea of what they have/don't have and when things are.

Thanks again!!!! :D

Thanks for the review. It brought back good memories. Sensation is the only CCL ship I've sailed-- four nights back in 2009 with our teen daughter. I loved it-- especially the neon atrium, which reminded me of something out of an old Star Wars game. Glad to hear things are well on her.

slord12, thanks so much for the review and pics, I really enjoyed both!! :D I'm sailing on a 3 Day (part of a B2B2B) on Imagination so it's great to get an idea of what such a short cruise is like (the shortest one I've ever done was 4 Days). I hope mine is as party oriented as yours was!! Two questions, do you happen to remember if they had a White Party (if you wear white, you get $1 off drinks all night) and/or a Deck Party? If so, which nights(s) were they? I know Imagination and Sensation may be different but I'd just like to get an idea of what they have/don't have and when things are.

Thanks again!!!! :D

Thanks! Yes they did have both! I do believe white night was the first night (and go figure I didn't pack anything white)! I believe the deck party was the second night during our time in Nassau (we were there from 12pm-6am). I went to the deck party and it was a lot of fun with a good crowd. It seemed more people were involved in the parties and getting out than on the 7 day cruises I've been on! Have a great trip!

Thanks for the review. It brought back good memories. Sensation is the only CCL ship I've sailed-- four nights back in 2009 with our teen daughter. I loved it-- especially the neon atrium, which reminded me of something out of an old Star Wars game. Glad to hear things are well on her.

Haha all I could think of was Tron when I first saw the atrium!!

I enjoyed your review....we were on the Sensation last December and loved it

Thanks, I've read all of your reviews and loved them all! I think you have the same attitude about cruising as I do even though I'm new to the cruising world. You seem to enjoy your trips and not complain about small things. I think that's the best attitude to have towards a vacation, people should just be glad they even get to have a vacation!

Congratulations on all the happenings in your life. Thanks for continuing your review. We board the Sensation in one month so am really anxious to see the pictures and hear your impressions.

Thanks! Have a great time on your trip!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Hey porcupyn~This was an old review I found from 2013. I searched for a Sensation review and found this one. There probably won't be many more comments. :)

Thanks for the warning! I was not checking for recency - just wanted to annotate the thread so I could come back and read at my leisure :-).