Majesty cabins

:cool:We have just booked the Adriatic for may next year on majesty ,and went for6/7

Outside cabin question is ,would it be worth pre booking cabin on those decks

Or is there any of the cabins not got a clear view . Keith&catherine

:cool:We have just booked the Adriatic for may next year on majesty ,and went for6/7

Outside cabin question is ,would it be worth pre booking cabin on those decks

Or is there any of the cabins not got a clear view . Keith&catherine

Congratulations! DH and I are doing Adriatic this September and I am told it is a brilliant itinerary. I had a choice of Deck 6/7 and eventually chose an outside plus on deck 6. There are no obstructions on Deck 6 but watch out for the few standard cabins which are very small. I would recommend the plus cabins.

Deck 7 is the promenade deck and can be very convenient to get some fresh air if you are not bothered by the thoughts of people just outside your window. There are sun beds all along the deck. They cannot see in during the day but you can see out. The only obstruction would be the bottom of the lifeboats which are way above the window and the supporting structures for the lifeboat which will only affect certain cabins. Also the deck rail but I am not sure what amount of obstruction that would have.

Hope this helps. I am sure someone else will come along with more personal knowledge of Deck 7.

we have just returned from the majesty Adriatic explorer, it was a gteat cruise with wonderful cities to explore and the weather was great, as for cabins, we booked an inside plus, and when we arrived it was on deck four, and the biggest cabin we h$ve ever had, it was 4008 we loved it , the only thing I would suggest is, take your own soap,they only have soap dispensers !as for the prom deck (7) the sunloungers are not the best, (not likje the dream,) and no chairs for anyone having trouble lying down, - this was our first trip on the majesty, been on all others several times, but still not sure if I like it, cant put my finger on as to why -but -- although my husband liked it, we did find a few things have changed with Thompson though, just little things, like usually in the dining rooms you could always go and get ice cream if you wanted now you have to pay unless a.i. , now got to decide what to go on for our 50th wedding anniversary in oct !!

we have just returned from the majesty Adriatic explorer, it was a gteat cruise with wonderful cities to explore and the weather was great, as for cabins, we booked an inside plus, and when we arrived it was on deck four, and the biggest cabin we h$ve ever had, it was 4008 we loved it , the only thing I would suggest is, take your own soap,they only have soap dispensers !as for the prom deck (7) the sunloungers are not the best, (not likje the dream,) and no chairs for anyone having trouble lying down, - this was our first trip on the majesty, been on all others several times, but still not sure if I like it, cant put my finger on as to why -but -- although my husband liked it, we did find a few things have changed with Thompson though, just little things, like usually in the dining rooms you could always go and get ice cream if you wanted now you have to pay unless a.i. , now got to decide what to go on for our 50th wedding anniversary in oct !!

I think you have to pay for ice cream whether you are AI or not. Or I have missed out on all that ice cream.

Is your wedding anniversary this year or next year? Where would you really like to go? 50 years is a very special anniversary to celebrate.

The free ice cream on the Dream was very watery in the Caribbean this Feb, it was fine last July.

The Free ice cream in the Celebration Lido is very nice, usually 3 different flavours (changed daily) and served to you in a bowl or a cornet. Sprinkles and topping are there too.

Not free on the Majesty, Jim, very disappointed I was :(

I was disappointed too, (free on my previous RIU holidays) but it kept the calories off because I love ice cream.

But just booked the Dream! :eek:

I was disappointed too, (free on my previous RIU holidays) but it kept the calories off because I love ice cream.

But just booked the Dream! :eek:

Well, as a connoisseur of ice cream, I had to try it and it didn't disappoint, but only once cos I expected it free ;)

Roll on the free stuff on the Dream :p

Nell,

Not even on AI?

Wont really bother me as never indulge

No, Jim, not even on AI. It was like the ice cream man ;)

An ice cream cart was brought out onto the pool deck :D and there were long queues. It was very hot and it melted very quickly understandably.

I can't remember if there was a reduced charge for AI or not, but I remember thinking it was quite expensive but then I am always shocked at the price of ice cream :eek:

No, Jim, not even on AI. It was like the ice cream man ;)

An ice cream cart was brought out onto the pool deck :D and there were long queues. It was very hot and it melted very quickly understandably.

I can't remember if there was a reduced charge for AI or not, but I remember thinking it was quite expensive but then I am always shocked at the price of ice cream :eek:

It was expensive and partly melted and I did not want to risk eating it anyway. Made do with ice cream for dessert at dinner but in April it was not as good as last September.

Hi Keith,

Have a look at this link which is good regards deck/cabin layout of the Majesty it may help you

http://www.dolphin-hellas.gr/Cruises/Louis-cruises/Ships/cruise-ship-decks-majesty.htm

Cheers jim got a cabin sorted that was a good link got level 6 towards front now to check for nearest bar ha ha Keith

What's a bar ! Aye ok whatever ha ha
Sorry Keith :) just my silly English sense of humour. The sun has gone to my head :)

I expect all you Scots are hungover today from celebrating Andy's win :D:D

Well done Andy. Just sorry Tim couldn't do it :(

Sorry Keith :) just my silly English sense of humour. The sun has gone to my head :)

I expect all you Scots are hungover today from celebrating Andy's win :D:D

Well done Andy. Just sorry Tim couldn't do it :(

Yes we are still celebrating and did you see at the end of play Alec Salmon's waving the Scotland flag above David Cameron head great stuff . Keith

Yes we are still celebrating and did you see at the end of play Alec Salmon's waving the Scotland flag above David Cameron head great stuff. Keith

First statement re Andy Murray - :):)

Second statement re Alex Salmond - :eek::eek:

Good itinerary, we did it last year. Has to be said though that we experienced the worst storm I have ever seen over there. We were in an outside plus on deck 4 and the waves were coming past our window. Spectacular lightning though. As for the cabins, the 'plus' was worth having for the extra storage compared to the standard cabins. However, if your particular thing is swinging cats, then take one that is not prone to concussion as all the cabins are small, they only differ in the degree of smallness! Enjoy!:)

• 2 weeks later...

We were on Deck 9 with a restricted view. It turned out that we could easily see over the top of the lifeboats. I think Deck 8 is probably the worst for view.

But you don't spend a lot of time in your cabin staring out.

Archived