Alamo car rental pick up point, Miami

Classy1

Hi, Been advised to post on this board

Just wondering if anyone has used Alamo car rental after their cruise. I have booked a car for pick up at Downtown Intercontinental rather than Miami airport. Having booked it through alamo.co.uk Im a little worried 1) the place doesnt exist, 2) we will get charged extra once we get there even though we have fully inclusive insurance+ad drivers. I know we will have to pay for a taxi to get us there. My other option is changing it to either miami airport or South Beach Collins Ave and booking through Virgin atlantic (£10 more expensive). Any thoughts as time is ever drawing closer.

PS booking in UK seems to give different rental price/deals to USA based customers.

Have you tried booking right through Alamo, us site? All the major rental companies have booking on their site. Or trying the various travel sites like Expedia, Travelocity, orbitz... They all work with the major rental companies. Alamo is a big company so you shouldn't have problems... However I'm not aware of their regulations regarding rentals to international customers. Rental from the airport is typically more expensive then from another location in town as well.

I looked here on the Alamo site and the intercontinental is a place, lol... So you should be good! They do have limited hours though so be aware.

thanks kari, When ive looked at the different pick up points they are all the same price. Actually Miami airport works out cheaper cos it has more fees included eg the concession fee and some other daily fee. Im thinking i might not risk the intercontinental as when i phoned them they couldnt answer my question about additional fees. I understand there is a free shuttle bus from the port to the airport so might swap to there, then again collins avenue looks reasonably close and is probably easier to drive away from. Driving back up to Orlando!

One thing to consider is with the Airport location you get a free shuttle from Alamo to pick up your car. The other locations, you would have to pay for a taxi.

I used Alamo back in October 2011 for my girls cruise and as soon as I walked out of the port, the shuttle was there. I was in my car headed to Fort Lauderdale in about 30 minutes.

Archived