Carnival Freedom Review May 26-June 1

GAMOM4

Thanks for the review & great pictures.

Couple questions if you don't mind - your cabin, could you hear hallway noise? And I'm curious, did you receive ice automatically or did you have to specifically ask for it?

The drink coupon is one coupon per person (if they are a past guest) that you have to take to the main dining room at either breakfast or brunch (or like on the Fascination last December - they didn't have brunch so we took it to lunch) you get one drink .... and that is the only place you can get it. I think that they do it that way because so many people probably never use it that way. With the Faster To The Fun - all we go was you get to board early - your room is ready and your bags are suppose to be there the time you get on - you get priority tendering off the ship (not getting back on though) and you get to get off the ship the last day early - also there is a special line at guest services you get to use (it is the same one that platinum and the ones higer than that use)

Now as for the ice .. now that you mention it they never brought us ice until we asked them - we had bought the blue cooler with the 4 bud lights, 4 cups, 2 coozies & a bottle opener and after the first day my husband asked them to put ice in the blue cooler ... and they did "kind of" keep ice in it for us. I wouldn't recommend buying this cooler if you are going use it for a cooler when we got back home the inside liner of it at the bottom was torn all the way around. And you ought to know that the 4 cups and the bottle opener were in the back pack that my husband left on the shuttle van:eek:

On past cruises there have been an ice bucket in the cabin but there wasn't even an ice bucket in the cabin...don't know if it was because the blue cooler we purchased was in the cabin when we got there or not.

We never heard noise from the hall in our cabin (we were the last cabin on the hall before you go out on the lido deck so you had to go through a door and then out on the lido deck. But we did hear noises several times from above us ... I guess with the Panorama deck being above it could have been the chairs or something moving around.

We never heard noise from the hall in our cabin (we were the last cabin on the hall before you go out on the lido deck so you had to go through a door and then out on the lido deck. But we did hear noises several times from above us ... I guess with the Panorama deck being above it could have been the chairs or something moving around.

Thanks for letting me know. I'm thinking of booking the first 3 cabins (on either side) and hopfully the noise above wasn't in the middle of the night. I normally book on empress, but having kids (young & early 20's) along I thought they'd rather be closer to pools, food etc. And regarding the ice, I was simply curious if it's true what my room steward told me on the Liberty - appears to be.

Thank you for all the time and effort you put into your review!

That really stinks that the shuttle service basically stole your backpack and belongings.....sheezzzz.

I would not use them, just based on your experiences with them, so thanks for sharing, you probably saved some peeps from their evil clutches! LOL

• 5 months later...