Villefranche Bus Or Train

We took the train to Nice and then walked all the way to the beach. It was quite a few blocks but we got to see more of Nice that way and met a few locals along the way. You could also take a short taxi cab ride from the train station in Nice to shopping district that runs along the coast.

If you like to walk, when you get out of the train station in Nice, cross the street and go left to the end of that commercial block (you will pass a shoe store like Nike or something). Make a right turn and continue until you see the big blue umbrellas. We took a couple of pictures, did a little shopping, had lunch and headed back.

The only draw back was that we did not dare to go anywhere else because of the dreaded fear of not getting back in time for the ship's sail away.

Others at our dinner table where able to do both Nice and Monaco by train.

Hello Ron, I just got your trip review I had requested from you on a different post. Thank you very much, it brought back a lot of good memories. It will also come in handy for our next cruise.

Thanks again.

Gert

The bus station in Nice is much closer to the beach and old town than is the train station, BUT to get to the bus stop in Villefranche you need to walk uphill through the town. My husband took one look at the hill and promptly decided we'd get the train :)

Archived