OOT Bags

Hey everyone,

I know where are a lot of threads about OOT bags but I have a few questions for anyone who has done them. I'm undecided on whether or not I will do OOT bags or not, so I am interested in a few things.

If no one minds answering this, approximately how much did they cost per bag?

Did you give 1 bag per person or per cabin?

If you had to pick THE single most important item in your OOT bag, what would it be?

Did you give them out on the ship? Or pre cruise

Any other OOT bag info would be great!

If I had to do it again I would definitely still do the OOT bags. All of our guests were so surprised and appreciative of them. We probably spent about $20 per bag. I did 1 bag per couple but we also had a lot of of single people cruise with us too so they each got their own. The one thing that I can say almost everyone used would be the lanyard with the card holder for their sail and sign card. Also I believe the first aid kit came in handy a couple of times :)

Heres the link to the bags we did: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1742030

If I had to do it again I would definitely still do the OOT bags. All of our guests were so surprised and appreciative of them. We probably spent about $20 per bag. I did 1 bag per couple but we also had a lot of of single people cruise with us too so they each got their own. The one thing that I can say almost everyone used would be the lanyard with the card holder for their sail and sign card. Also I believe the first aid kit came in handy a couple of times :)

Heres the link to the bags we did: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1742030

Your bags are my favorite bags on this site. I have the link to your thread saved on my computer. I'm trying to copy mostly everything you put inside your bags. You really did a good job! Very creative!!

I love your bags! Those have given me some great ideas! Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I plan to do one bag per cabin/couple, with many items doubled up, plus additional kids bag for each kid going. I'm trying to put only practical items in it that will be used. I really don't want to waste money on items that will end up lost in a drawer or in the garbage. I've been looking on here a lot to see what items have been most used by guests, and just from past cruise experiences of myself & friends. Here's what I've got going into mine so far:

- I got some lanyards from www.discountofficeitems.com (Baumgartens #55120). The lanyards have zipper pocket in back also for tips or whatever. I got them for about $2.15 each (I bought 60 of them and found 15% off deal online). See attached photo.

- I also got some waterproof phone cases (from amazon) that they can put phone, cards, money, etc. into while at pool or beach. See attached photo.

- I plan to do reusable drink bottles of some sort.

- A small note pad, pen, and highlighter.

- Small first aid kit & meds. I was looking at pre-bought kits, but I don't think they need half that stuff, while there are other things they need more. So I plan to do my own with a few bandaids, single packet antibiotic ointment, pepto bismul chewables, a couple single dose aspirin packets, dramamine, electrolyte drink mix (to help with dehydration or hangovers). That should cover the most common & critical ailments.

- I also plan to include either ginger Altoids or some sort of ginger candy, since that works good for motion sickness.

- Misc. emergency kit with safety pins & small roll of duct tape (3'), because you never know when you may need them.

- I have some small, business card sized Spanish key phrases booklets I made up. Its about 4 pages, fits in their lanyard, and has basic phrases they may need (how much is it?, where is bathroom?, I want beer?, I didn't do it! Can I call a lawyer?, etc.)

- I'm also including some lotions, aloe, and sunscreen. Most of them I'm getting from http://www.beachbumjax.com/ since I use their stuff & love it (all natural). I'm working with the business owner to help me out on it. I'll probably do some small body butters, sun screen, after-sun aloe. These are items that are definitely needed and expensive if you forget to bring it.

- Bottle of hand sanitizer & a couple sanitizer wipes that they can keep in their lanyard.

- Deck of cards and/or travel size games... I may do different for each room, since they can borrow from each other or play with each other.

- Maybe a few snack items.

- Possibly umbrellas... since I'm going late June, so we may hit the edge of storm season. One of our stops has 80% chance of showers during that time of year. And nobody plans for rain on their vacations.

- For the kids, I have small color books & crayons. I'm debating small buckets & shovels for the beach. Maybe some small games if I find something interesting and cheap.

I haven't found the bag I want to use yet. I was debating a convertable towel/tote bag. I really liked the concept, but not the price (about $20 each). And most people will bring their own beach towels anyway. I may still get those for the wedding party though. But for everyone else, I'll probably find some cheap canvas tote bag or reusable grocery bag type thing. I want something halfway decent & reusable, but preferably $5 or less.

16203158ed55822a63ce678a6d283e60ad.jpg.eb428c5f7aeb9d5bf9a1616b08b29082.jpg

41MLN6U5hEL__SY300_.jpg.7ad2a60fc742e2a3cb87baf51926cfe3.jpg

We just bough some nice beach totes at Target for $10 each. They also have a clear plastic pocket on the side where we will put our personalized welcome card with a brief explanation of the items inside. We are still planning it all, but will fill it with some of the great ideas everyone here has shared.

If you are going to look for them at Target...check out the end of summer season area and the women's handbag section. We were able to find enough between both places.

Archived