Freedom after a 2.0 ship

CocoaMom

Already know the layout (been on Valor & Liberty). Wondering for those that have sailed the Freedom AFTER a 2.0 ship your thoughts!

Sailed the Liberty with 2.0 and I loved it. PVP just called - NO 2.0 for the Freedom which is a change from what he said a week ago.

Trying to think back to exactly what I loved about the Liberty with the 2.0. ... I'm not a drinker, but I did enjoy the burgers. Think what I liked more was the wonderful crew and the ship was so very clean.

So let's hear the good, bad and ugly about the Freedom ... And for those that insist on telling me to 'search' I already have - I' really looking for recent comparisons hopefully to a 2.0

Already know the layout (been on Valor & Liberty). Wondering for those that have sailed the Freedom AFTER a 2.0 ship your thoughts!

Sailed the Liberty with 2.0 and I loved it. PVP just called - NO 2.0 for the Freedom which is a change from what he said a week ago.

Trying to think back to exactly what I loved about the Liberty with the 2.0. ... I'm not a drinker, but I did enjoy the burgers. Think what I liked more was the wonderful crew and the ship was so very clean.

So let's hear the good, bad and ugly about the Freedom ... And for those that insist on telling me to 'search' I already have - I' really looking for recent comparisons hopefully to a 2.0

No 2.0 for the Freedom yet -- not sure when it will happen.

We sailed the Freedom October 2012, then Liberty (post 2.0) February 2013.

I love both the ships equally. 2.0 is nice. I like the Alchemy Bar and Guy's burgers. But, Freedom even without 2.0 is nice. There is plenty of food to eat, and I will never go hungry. I like the regular burgers also. Not a shortage of drinks, even without Red Frog and Blue Iguana. The burritos are nice to have once or twice - but again, not a deal breaker as there is a lot of food to have on the ship.

I am thinking about another trip on the Freedom in February. Definitely a funship!

Was on the Freedom last December, and did not enjoy it like I did before. Nothing goes on at night on lido deck. Only the night they have the Mexican buffet. Didn't enjoy the production shows. IMO it was boring on board. That was the worst cruise I was on

Sailed the Freedom last Feb. the 3rd of three in a row. Went from Victory to the Glory & then to Freedom. We really liked the Victory, loved the Glory & were disappointed with the Freedom. We felt the ship was blah, the room steward was fair, staff in general was not outgoing, the cruise director couldn't compare to Big Sexy, the entertainment lack luster & the food...well, let's just say average. We loved Guy's burger & ate them almost daily (6 times)! I know...but, we loved them:) Make the best of it...JMHO Some people love the Freedom:)

I've sailed on The liberty twice with 2.0 and am sailing on The Freedom next month, I'm going to miss the burgers and cantina, but it's not a deal breaker,I'm glad to know that Freedom has a fish and chips where I can get some fried oysters:)

Our last cruise was on the Liberty and our next cruise will be on the Freedom again. We loved the Freedom before and I'm sure we're going to love her again. I definitely will miss the burgers, but that's about it. The cantina was only okay, so I'm not going to miss that too much. The pizza should be the same on both ships and my PVP said the Freedom is getting the brunch, so I'm excited about that.

Freedom, last July, 8 day, was our best cruise!! We had a great crew and met some unbelievably great people. I would agree that our food was not as good as when we sailed in 2005 and 2006, but we didn't go hungry.

I could care less for the 2.0 "upgrades." I know some people love them but our group can go to a burger place any day in KC and get some pretty decent burgers! The bars that were added sound nice but I've found they make margaritas to my liking several places on the ship! :D

We want to book the Freedom again and plan to do it soon. Have fun!!

Archived