Wish List for Quantum Maiden Voyage Video

I've been watching the video that was shot during the maiden voyage of the Oasis of the Seas. (It is on the Smithsonian Channel--If you have a Roku this is a free channel.) These videos filmed during the maiden voyage of a new ship seem always to follow the same format, which obviously I enjoy because I tend to watch these over and over again. Still, I got to thinking about what I would like to see from the Quantum ship.

One thing that I thought of is that I would like to see what training the crew does prior to the ship?

I would also like to see some of the suites and rooms.

What about you? How could they make the Quantum of the Seas Video better than any other...in addition to having a really cool ship!

I enjoy the maiden voyage videos but I personally prefer the ones that cover what passengers don't see. The one in particular the comes to mind was a video about the Oasis of the Seas that focused almost entirely on the process that goes on in Port Everglades. It mainly followed the port agent around as she dealt with passengers who forgot paper work and getting all the supplies to the right place. It was a lot more interesting than the usual videos on passengers. In the same sense (and along with your training hopes) I would love to see a video that covers the time between hand over and inaugural. It seems like this time period is always skipped over (with the exception of Royal Caribbean's captain logs for Oasis) but has a lot of interesting stuff going on.

I'm like you. I watch these videos to the point of coma inducement. I rotate nightly a different video when counting down to a cruise. For our last we would alternate the Oasis turn around day video (Extreme Cruise Ship), the Oasis Maiden voyage video (Mighty Ships Oasis), an Allure Cruise in Review video I downloaded, the making of Freedom of the Seas (Ultimate Cruise Ship) and the Queen Mary 2 tv special. The one I liked the least was the Freedom video... too much on the actual building process for me. I enjoyed parts of all... the behind the scenes with the crew life on the Oasis Extreme Cruise Ship... the passenger interactions with the crew and port dockings on the Maiden Oasis... the details on all the areas of the ship on the cruise in review for the Allure.

I think I enjoyed Queen Mary 2 the most though b

ecause it gives such a well rounded point of view, so I think I would like the QOS to follow a similar format. It showed the turn around process (just not as detailed as Oasis). It showed some of the cabins and parts of the ship. It showed passenger boardings and their excitement upon boarding the ship. It showed a real passenger emergency when one had a heart attack. It showed how they prepare for a fire. It showed the ship going through a storm (my favorite part). It showed how they handled a noro outbreak. It was just well rounded. I'd like something like that.

I've been watching the video that was shot during the maiden voyage of the Oasis of the Seas. (It is on the Smithsonian Channel--If you have a Roku this is a free channel.) These videos filmed during the maiden voyage of a new ship seem always to follow the same format, which obviously I enjoy because I tend to watch these over and over again. Still, I got to thinking about what I would like to see from the Quantum ship.

One thing that I thought of is that I would like to see what training the crew does prior to the ship?

I would also like to see some of the suites and rooms.

What about you? How could they make the Quantum of the Seas Video better than any other...in addition to having a really cool ship!

id love to see a Quantum maiden coyage video and it may happen because she will set a very big standard for the cruise industry

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hope to see videos of Quantum's maiden voyage and her construction.

Just watched and was intrigued by Megastructures: Queen Mary 2 video. I too would like to see moments such as the time between hand over and inaugural.

Skip the parts about how much food and beer are loaded onto a ship! I get it! There's lots. We like to eat onboard a cruise ship!:p

The discovery channel did a seven part documentary on the QM2. Why can't we have something like that?

There could be one episode on her build & her reveals, her cabins, etc.

There could be another episode on her trial runs, last minute adjustments/fixes, her turn over & inaugural.

There could be a behind the scenes episode with her crew, crew life, crew quarters, turn around day, etc.

There could be a whole episode on her specialty dining, 'new' dining options & concepts.

There could be a whole episode on her new innovations (Seaplex, two70, ifly, bumper cars) & how everything transforms throughout day and night.

There could be an entire episode on the passengers & their interactions with the ship, how they like the entertainment & ship & the ports.

They could also do an episode on preparing for the worst & show how the crew trains for fire, how they respond to emergencies & bad weather, etc.

The discovery channel did a seven part documentary on the QM2. Why can't we have something like that?

There could be one episode on her build & her reveals, her cabins, etc.

There could be another episode on her trial runs, last minute adjustments/fixes, her turn over & inaugural.

There could be a behind the scenes episode with her crew, crew life, crew quarters, turn around day, etc.

There could be a whole episode on her specialty dining, 'new' dining options & concepts.

There could be a whole episode on her new innovations (Seaplex, two70, ifly, bumper cars) & how everything transforms throughout day and night.

There could be an entire episode on the passengers & their interactions with the ship, how they like the entertainment & ship & the ports.

They could also do an episode on preparing for the worst & show how the crew trains for fire, how they respond to emergencies & bad weather, etc.

I would love to see the 7 part documentary. Is it available online?

I love the idea of a series! I need to watch that.

Watching the video yesterday, I wondered what the head chef does to prepare the crew. Whether the chef has to teach new recipes to the crew or if that is similar enough between ships that he can just assign jobs. I am even curious about the hiring and training for new hires.

And then there are all the things I would never think of. One video I really liked followed a ship through its sea trials. That was really fascinating!

Archived