Carniva Blue Iguana

Has anyone tried the food at the Blue Iguana on the ships that have it. DW loves fish tacos. Any opinions ?

I've never had the fish tacos, but I do like the burritos. You have your choice of (burrito) shell, regular or wheat, and your choice of ingredients. Their breakfast burritos are really good, but go early to avoid a line.

I've had both the fish and the pork tacos. I never tried the burritos because I liked the tacos so much. I think I ate there 4 times on our last cruise. We were on Conquest and the fish is one fried piece. Very tasty, especially with all the toppings you can add.

Has anyone tried the food at the Blue Iguana on the ships that have it. DW loves fish tacos. Any opinions ?

We just got off the Glory and I loved the food at the Blue Iguana. I ate the Huevos Rancheros every morning and had tacos a couple of times for lunch. It was a great (and flavorful) way to avoid the breakfast buffet lines. They had chicken, pork and fish tacos everyday. There is a separate walk up line for tacos and burritos. The taco line was always much shorter. Unfortunately, I never got around to having the fish tacos, but I can only imagine they are delicious! Next time!

Most fish gives me the willies, so I haven't tried anything with it.

However, the burritos are fabulous, both the breakfast variety and the lunch variety. I chose to cruise Liberty again, in part because of the 2.0 upgrades and BlueIguana Cantina. I could eat there every meal, all week, and be perfectly happy. Unfortunately, it closes relatively early (mid-afternoon I believe).

I have had the breakfast and lunch burritos and loved them. I also had the fish tacos one day for lunch and they were so yummy when you dress it your way!

I still have to nod my hat to Guy's burgers...they are just too good to NOT have for lunch....I'll go for breakfast burrito's everyday if I can!

my son and his gf were on the Glory and had the tacos every day. They said they were so good they never wanted to try Guy's burgers.

Bill

Thank-You....would you by chance have a picture of the menu for the Red Frog Pub and Blue Iguana Cantina??

http://www.carnival.com/onboard/bars-lounges/~/media/CCLUS/Images/pdf/RedFrogPubMenupdf.ashx

Thats for the pub. Im not sure there actually is one for the Blue Iguana. Perhaps someone else has a pic of it.

Just to mention in case: the Pub is only on a few ships and is different from the Red Frog Rum BAR. The bar does not have this menu. Only the Pub.

EDIT: I see you're headed on the Sunshine...has the Pub :) Lucky you!

Edited by Josher61

http://www.carnival.com/onboard/bars-lounges/~/media/CCLUS/Images/pdf/RedFrogPubMenupdf.ashx

Thats for the pub. Im not sure there actually is one for the Blue Iguana. Perhaps someone else has a pic of it.

Just to mention in case: the Pub is only on a few ships and is different from the Red Frog Rum BAR. The bar does not have this menu. Only the Pub.

Thank you for posting. I'll keep looking for one of the Blue Iguana Cantina. We are cruising on the Sunshine and I know they have the Red Frog Pub

Thank you for posting. I'll keep looking for one of the Blue Iguana Cantina. We are cruising on the Sunshine and I know they have the Red Frog Pub

Didn't I read a read that while the Sunshine has the RF Pub - the Pub itself doesn't have a kitchen? Therefore, no grub?

My mind has failed me often so.....hope someone knows for sure.

I've not been on the Sunshine but I'm sure others have posted about it. I cant answer for sure. The Pub food is apparently quite good. I was hoping to try it out but we are likely going on the Conquest now and they don't have the Pub :(

How is the food in the Red Frog? Is it worth paying extra?

On the Magic we ordered wings and something else (can't remember what ) and it was good and prices seemed cheap (compared to the rest of the ship anyways) :-P

Sent from my HTCONE using Forums mobile app

• 2 years later...

Only did the burritos at breakfast and lunch and loved them. Really love that you choose your own fillings because I don't like beans.

It is my go to for breakfast now