Also just off the breeze..

tjlj

We loved this ship.. But took some time to get over the first day of the rain at key west..

Awesome: Behind the fun tour...Best deal and really educational.. they answered every question we had.. also once you really understand what the waiters go though to get your food. you understand why it takes so long in the mdr..

The water park.. loved it..

ropes course... loved it..

c side bbq.. loved it...

Guys burgers.. loved it..

Burrito place.. loved it..

cold ac in 8395 balcony... had to warm up cameras slowly to keep from fogging...

anytime dining: will not do it again.. didn't like the 45 minute wait.. they handed out pagers at 15 minute wait.. some nights we got right in at 5:45 but most had some wait time.. the line was stretched around the atrium a lot of the time.. so I would rather have a fixed time..

Lido deck buffet was crowded some of the time... but in all fairness the lines went pretty well.. food was very good..

stuff I didn't like:

the shows, went to 2 and probably wont go back.. behind the scenes talked about the shows compared to the old style production shows.. but honestly I just didn't enjoy them.. nothing against the performers.. just the new style of shows..

never made it to the comedy shows, just too many things to do.. definitely we will go back.. but I was hoping the breeze wouldn't spoil me as to not go on older ships.. but we really still enjoyed the valor and paradise..

also the Italian place for lunch was nice, but noisy.. right under the basketball court.. had a great time..

thanks for all the tips, I read up before the cruise.. tony

Thanks for the insight!!:) Could you be more specific about what you didn't like about the new show format?

the new shows are 4 guys and 4 girls, they use digital lcd/led screens to display images that go along with the songs.. they all sing and dance.. we like the shows the were on the paradise and valor.. the breeze uses laser light that sweeps the crowd.. as it was explained to us that the shows are easier to change and setup for...I expect this to go fleet wide.. im sure they have a bunch of money sunk into the display panels.. but I really hate that this will not be part of the cruise that we look forward to.. as we wont go.. im not talking about the performers but the whole show setup in general.. they are very short and they have a 15 minute warm up show.. the older shows are like a vegas style show that we like, have a lot of dancers and several singers.. I love tech stuff but not this.. THEY should play movies in there with the screens as they are awesome!!!

also loved movie by the pool...

lido buffet very slippery in tennis shoes.. boat shoes fine..

Hasbro game show was good.. only went to one...

Thanks for the insight!!:) Could you be more specific about what you didn't like about the new show format?

We were on the Breeze in May and will give you my answer. The older shows had live music and different backdrops that were either painted or printed. Shows now are done with no live music and all lighting, looking like you are viewing a large (huge) screen TV.

I'm personally old school, like the old way better.

Tim

the new shows are 4 guys and 4 girls, they use digital lcd/led screens to display images that go along with the songs.. they all sing and dance.. we like the shows the were on the paradise and valor.. the breeze uses laser light that sweeps the crowd.. as it was explained to us that the shows are easier to change and setup for...I expect this to go fleet wide.. im sure they have a bunch of money sunk into the display panels.. but I really hate that this will not be part of the cruise that we look forward to.. as we wont go.. im not talking about the performers but the whole show setup in general.. they are very short and they have a 15 minute warm up show.. the older shows are like a vegas style show that we like, have a lot of dancers and several singers.. I love tech stuff but not this.. THEY should play movies in there with the screens as they are awesome!!!

also loved movie by the pool...

lido buffet very slippery in tennis shoes.. boat shoes fine..

Hasbro game show was good.. only went to one...

Thanks for elaborating! Ugh--not sure I will like this either. Entertainment has been declining and I really miss the live music.

We were on the Breeze in May and will give you my answer. The older shows had live music and different backdrops that were either painted or printed. Shows now are done with no live music and all lighting, looking like you are viewing a large (huge) screen TV.

I'm personally old school, like the old way better.

Tim

I'm old school too. Been on 14 Carnival cruises, but have been disappointed with some of the entertainment on the last few. We dislike the big screen TV on the Lido and don't care for the DJ--really miss the live bands we'd grown accustomed to over the years.

The last Carnival cruise I was on in October 2012, still had the regular production shows with orchestra, but I'd heard they were disappearing and now the rumors are confirmed.

Actually, my next 2 cruises through March 2014 are on Princess and Celebrity respectively.

I'm not against booking Carnival, but a few changes harkening back to the not too distant past would be more likely to entice me. As would better food.

Archived