Prices for extras!?

Hello!!! My name is Stacey and I have been lurking on the boards for a couple days! My fiancé and I are leaning towards a wedding on Carnival and I was wondering if anyone has a list of the prices for the extras? I know where the ceremony pricing is on their website but I am looking for DJ pricing etc :)

Thanks!!!!

DJ is either $75 (welcome aboard package) or $105 (deluxe romance package). Same for a social host but you provide the music yourself. Piano player is also the same pricing. The 6 piece show band is the most expensive, at $475 or $750 depending on your package.

It is up to you really how expensive it gets. It you want different flowers, that is an extra charge. If you want want to buy your guests lunch on the lido deck, you can for about $10/person. Compared to the average wedding it isn't' t bad at all imo.

Do you pay $10 for sailing and non sailing guests for lunch?

I agree with you that it seems like a good value! I will have to set a budget and stick to it!!! :)

Thanks everyone

You only have to pay for the non-sailing guests. We plan on upgrading the flowers and cake so there will be some added expenses there, but overall the cost for us is way cheaper than doing a land based wedding in our area. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Don't pay the extra $10 for the Lido lunch. It's a waste of money for you and a money maker for them. Your guests have about an hour to an hour and a half before the wedding. Your day of coordinater tells all of your guests to go up to the lido for lunch and to explore the ship. All they have to do is take off their visitor passes and no one cares. They can buy drinks at the bars using a credit card. There really isn't a lot of so called extra's that you get sucked into. The photo's are really where you're extra money is. The packet that you get gives you basic "packages" but really it's a la cart based on your needs and wants. Our photog took over 1,000 pics. He narrowed it down to around 300. In the end we spent about $2,200, We walked away with a leather bound book, 35 pics (5x7's and 8x10's), a slideshow disk and a formatted disk so that we could print extra pictures if we wanted.

Your photog is the one person who you want to tip well, because he's the one who will cut you the best deal on your pictures.

I'll look through my paperwork and see if I still have my price lists.

We figured that our entire wedding, including our suite, excursions, my dress and his suit's cost us about $15k.

We ended up around 13K with 60 guests on a 3 day cruise including our GS suite & an inside quad for our kids. That didn't include onboard spending except the $750 photo package. We had the DJ but only got to have a 1 hour reception since we were the second couple to book for the same day. I didn't do floral upgrades or anything else like that since I did my own flowers & brought on favors etc. As others have said - do not buy the lido lunch; they will get lunch anyway.

Other than the lido lunch, photos, DJ and flowers, there were no extras that I remember. I did the standard bouquet, which was very nice and more than adequate for the 10 minutes I held it. The only thing I recommend is taking a print out of the photo package options because the photographers are not employees (on Carnival at least) and when I got on board didn't offer the same packages I was quoted. I found out after the fact that I could have gotten those prices if I had the paperwork with me, but they have no control over that. Even spending a lot more on photos than I intended (it was double, but I also got more than the package I was intending to buy and the options were completely different), it was a fabulous wedding and the quality of photos was much, much better than I had expected. They will send you photos on request of the standard cake topper, ice carving etc. and you can request or pay for changes, but that's all optional. I brought my own cake topper and favors on board and gave it to the wedding planner when I boarded and she took care of it. I also didn't do the DJ but went with the social host so I could choose my own music. They will work with you to make your day perfect and understand that everyone has a different vision.

Archived