Questions Suite/Inside Cabin Breakaway

doberlady

We are a family of 5 going on the Breadaway for Thanksgiving week. We are currently booked in 2 cabins, a B6 and an inside.

Me, hubby and 8yo in B6 and 2 teens in the inside.

I am sooooooooooo tempted to get a suite for the 3 of us and leave the 2 teens in an inside. They sleep late and would miss Cagney's bfast anyway and I could order food in our suite through our Butler.

How would that work out as I need an adult booked for each room. My husband and I would want the suite perks.

Is this a common thing? Is that mean to have suite perks while teens are in an inside?

Any thoughts?

We are a family of 5 going on the Breadaway for Thanksgiving week. We are currently booked in 2 cabins, a B6 and an inside.

Me, hubby and 8yo in B6 and 2 teens in the inside.

I am sooooooooooo tempted to get a suite for the 3 of us and leave the 2 teens in an inside. They sleep late and would miss Cagney's bfast anyway and I could order food in our suite through our Butler.

How would that work out as I need an adult booked for each room. My husband and I would want the suite perks.

Is this a common thing? Is that mean to have suite perks while teens are in an inside?

Any thoughts?

I think you being in a suite and the kids not being is going to cause problems. It looks like you're not intending to extend your suite benefits to them, but that's what you're going to end up doing. On the Breakaway, its Suite passengers don't get breakfast and lunch in Cagneys, they get breakfast, lunch and dinner in the Haven restaurant. Which is a great perk, and one you're going to want to take advantage of. Its going to be difficult to do that and also eat with the teens if they're not in the suite.

Why not book a two bedroom suite? Put the teens in the second bedroom, (which is similar to an inside cabin) and put the 8 year old on the sofa in the living room? That way everyone gets the suite benefits, and its probably less expensive than a suite and an inside.

I think you being in a suite and the kids not being is going to cause problems. It looks like you're not intending to extend your suite benefits to them, but that's what you're going to end up doing.

Why not book a two bedroom suite? Put the teens in the second bedroom, (which is similar to an inside cabin) and put the 8 year old on the sofa in the living room? That way everyone gets the suite benefits, and its probably less expensive than a suite and an inside.

How are they extending their suite benefits to the teens if the teens aren't in a suite? It can't be done ....

The only benefits they would get are the snacks that I order for all of us through the Butler.

It is way more expensive to book a bigger suite. cheaper to get a smaller suite for 3 and the inside for 2

The only benefits they would get are the snacks that I order for all of us through the Butler.

It is way more expensive to book a bigger suite. cheaper to get a smaller suite for 3 and the inside for 2

I edited my response to point out the perk of dinner in the Haven restaurant (not Cagney's on the Breakaway). You're going to give up this perk for the week? Or not have dinner with the teens?

Not flaming you. You stated that you did not intend to extend the suite perks, but aren't you going to want to check in together (using the suite check in), make show and dining reservations together (using the suite concierge), etc.?

The other difficult issue would be use of the haven. The pool on breakaway is unbearably crowded, and while the teems likely will want to go on slides etc, doing it this way you wouldnt even be able to all sit at the Haven pool together. Consider the 2 bedroom suite - weve done that and it works much better.

Terry

I don't think your plan will work. You must be all in a suite to enjoy the suite benefits.

Looks like OP understands that. She even asked if "that would be mean" to the kids.

In reality, they need an adult in each cabin, so somebody is going to get locked out of the restaurant perks.

I would either book the 2BR suite or just get two regular cabins saving a ton of money and hassle.

Is the 2BR really that much more than a regular suite and a regular cabin?

YES as stated I am not looking to get suite perks for people not in the suite!!!

People that do that ANNOY me!!!

My point was is it mean for me and hubby to enjoy the suite life and the teens eat at the buffet with the commoners!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I do not think it's against moral and ethical suite life code to order in snacks from my butler for all of us while they are visiting.

Price difference is $3450

I will just keep the B6 and the inside. Seems less complicated

It's just so hard once you have sailed in a DOS!!!!

I hear you. DOS on the Epic and 2-bedroom Haven Suite on the Breakaway my last two cruises...next cruise mini-suite!

Just couldn't justify an extra $3,000 for suite...especially when we have to fly to Copenhagen!

You'll have a great time no matter what!

Is the inside cabin right next to the suite. If it is you do not need an adult in the room. also, if the inside is nearby book your husband in the inside room and switch him back once you board.

Eat dinner in the Haven restaurant on the nights your boys are doing their own thing, and use the Haven pool when you feel like it. Your teens will want to be out at the main pool anyway......there are more teens at the main pool and that will draw them out to the main pool.

Here is an alternative not as cost effective but not outrageous. If you look at the deck plans there are balcony cabins that are adjoining several of the S6 suites. Teens can be booked in there with no adult since it is connected.

Look at 13300 and 13302. I think all the S6s except deck 11 and 14 with the reverse layout have a connecting balcony cabin.

YES as stated I am not looking to get suite perks for people not in the suite!!!

My point was is it mean for me and hubby to enjoy the suite life and the teens eat at the buffet with the commoners!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I do not think it's against moral and ethical suite life code to order in snacks from my butler for all of us while they are visiting.

Both you and hubby will not be able to enjoy the Haven. One of you will be booked in the inside and therefor not entitled to the suite benefits.

It is not unethical to order snacks for all. I personally couldn't enjoy the suite perks and not include my 16-year old ... BUT ... you know your kids better than anyone. Would they even care? LOL

To your original question, we book an adult in each cabin and then swap when onboard, get extra room keys from guest relations and ncl have no issues doing it

Archived